This is just toooo annoying!!!

Topic started by autistickitty on Aug. 10, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by autistickitty (6 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I know that a lot of people do not like the English dubs of anime's. I do not really care how the anime's I like are dubbed. I say that something is better that nothing. What really annoys me is that they did an English dub of Saint Seiya and did not even finish the Sanctuary Arc. I did not really care about the rest of the series after that. Heck I would not have cared if they stopped the English dub right after the episodes with Capricorn Shura. I would have been happy with just that. But, I think that if you start something and get people hooked then you should finish it.

Okay, I will stop ranting now.

Post by takashichea (12,290 posts) See mini bio Level 25

There are lot of reasons why people stress the differences.

• Voice Actors don't capture the character in their personality well
  • How they act
  • Censorship

Sub or Dub, people want to watch a show that has the characters and VA blend in harmony.

Post by Tiferet (149 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I like dubs. When it's an anime that I watch. Then again, I don't understand Japanese and I also prefer not having to read my animes too, because I was watching that one thing subbed and the fight scene, I first had to read, then I had to rewatch it all over so I could watch what was happening.

Post by Shotgun (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I only enjoy the chinese dubs, especially on Keroro Gunsou.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Depends how the voice actors are.... for me I really enjoy Funimation's english dub crew!!! like FMA, Dragon Ball, Kekkaishi.. and many more!!

but I think I enjoy Japanese dub a little better!! especially Bleach!

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@takashichea said:

There are lot of reasons why people stress the differences.

• Voice Actors don't capture the character in their personality well
  • How they act
  • Censorship

Sub or Dub, people want to watch a show that has the characters and VA blend in harmony.

this is correct , i have watched Sailor moon in English as an example , its dub sucks bad ,not to mention dbz .

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel