The most frightnening animes (as in horrible) i ever saw

Topic started by jewl122 on March 16, 2011. Last post by MarioRedfield 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@EquitasInvictus: THANK... GOD.
Post by EquitasInvictus (332 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Thank god I didn't discuss Aki Sora in greater detail? In hindsight, I'd say it'd make an interesting psychology case study if it had a little more depth, but I don't think anime is a place for psychology case studies unless it's a series that's deconstructing a genre like Neon Genesis Evangelion did. What happens in Aki Sora is simply excessive! 'xD
@EquitasInvictus: As true as that is, I think we'd need a MODERATOR-RUN thread to go into this topic further.
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Exactly why I hesitated from getting into Aki Sora in detail. It does have a wiki entry for its OVA with one of our users writing an interesting satire of summary for it, but it's kind of old and I'm not sure if mods are down for it anymore. I mean both Giant Bomb and Anime Vice do have h-related wiki entries but from what I remember of recent news the Whiskey Media staff is trying to get moderators to crack down on it. I'm just not sure if the same goes for forum discussions so I'll just hope a moderator reads through this and confirms whether we may or may not discuss. At the very least I feel like we might be able to get away with discussing the frighteningly messed up parts in spoiler tags but I won't get ahead of myself. 'xD 

But I digress, are you familiar with Aki Sora? To be on topic, do you agree that it is frightening? 
@EquitasInvictus: I'm not familiar with it at all, but from what you've written... let me just say this- INCEST IS NOT BEST. 
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: I understand it's a sensitive topic, but it is similarly topical. In a literary sense it can be very interesting, as in Oedipus. In a modern sense, however, its difficult to even discuss. In other websites I've seen season reviews from certain large anime news coverage websites that completely dismiss certain anime series for having it as a theme and neglect to consider value of the anime series otherwise and I don't necessarily agree with reviewers doing that. If they can't deal with it they shouldn't be reviewing it. 

Once again, I digress. Incest is frightening. But as I've said about the drama Yosuga no Sora and what I'll probably be saying about the comedy Oniichan no Koto, it can be, well, less frightening. To stay on topic, however, I'll reiterate even more so that Aki Sora makes it most frightening. (While people argue "Twincest is wincest," I'll argue there's a scenario in the OVA that refutes that and worse, making it... horrible! Hence I decided to list it as frightening.) 

As vulgar as that Aki Sora wiki entry from this site is (the one I linked in my previous post), it's actually kind of funny in how it isn't self-serious. Thankfully it only goes over the first part of the series and does not describe the even more frightening parts I can only hint about. That's because Aki Sora sort of had two installments and it's the second that was particularly frightening. 
Post by DocHaus (933 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Isn't there a rule against posting "I HATE [X]" threads or was that another forum?
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DocHaus said:

" Isn't there a rule against posting "I HATE [X]" threads or was that another forum? "

Hate threads against other people. When that happens call me. But this is just opinion and its allowed.
 Though......
 @jewl122 said:

" 6. Digimon- digimon Digimon is a spin off of Pokemon "

This makes me doubt that you ever watched Digimon at all lol
Post by ultima88 (16 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Destinyheroknight: That video brings back so many memories! Hosoda Mamoru's episode 21 was really creepy to me as a kid. Also, the first movie.
Post by SSJjanemba (2,178 posts) See mini bio Level 11

fright-ne-ning?? 

its Fright-en-ing
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Harr Harr, you probably only commented on that because she includes your favourite wanking material
@cfatalis said:
"Harr Harr, you probably only commented on that because she includes your favourite wanking material "

harr harr you use the term wanking, must be from the obd huh?
@SSJjanemba said:
" @cfatalis said:
"Harr Harr, you probably only commented on that because she includes your favourite wanking material "
harr harr you use the term wanking, must be from the obd huh? "
nope never made an account there

Wanking is a common term
@cfatalis said:
" @SSJjanemba said:
" @cfatalis said:
harr harr you use the term wanking, must be from the obd huh? "
nope never made an account there  Wanking is a common term "

ok :D
Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Fighting Beauty Wulong-Could have been better, so t was kinda meh
Tattoon Master- Cool Idea, but the execution failed
Betterman- Eck, but I did like Betterman's character
Ladies vs Butlers- Definitely didn't like it.
Bobobobo- Never got into it even though I'm a wacky person myselfXD
FoxBox version of Escaflowne
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

The only anime that really comes to mind at the moment would be Code Geass R2.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,778 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@The_Desert_Tiger:  Why? R2 is awesome, unless you are talking about the USA dub, since I watched it in Japanese with Subs
@Kuma_From_Argentina: R2 usa dub have Johnny Yong Bosch, aka white ranger

Can't be that bad
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,778 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@cfatalis:  Wasnt him the Black Ranger?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel