The most frightnening animes (as in horrible) i ever saw

Topic started by jewl122 on March 16, 2011. Last post by MarioRedfield 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,166 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@mrassh0le:  
  
Yugioh is not bad, there funny stuff that came from it
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,608 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I liked most of the things I watched, I dont remember hating anything, only being mildly annoyed 
  
One of the anime that most pised my off (Mostly becouse of a friend of mine constantly saying that was good) was Lucky Star, I really didnt liked, another one was the second season of  Haruhi, I was about to bash the DVD until it shattered..... 
 
And Digimon 01 is the best! dont mess with it or I will track you down and gut you in your living room with a rusty kitchen knife.... (This goes for everyone) XD
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@sickVisionz said:

" You're probably one of the few who would put Spice and Wolf on a worst of list. 
 
I can't think of too many since I'm quick to drop a show and totally forget about it, but Shadow Star Narutaru stands out as being really bad.  Maybe it should count though, since I consider it to be so bad it's good. "

I'd definitely put Narutaru in the "so bad its good" category. There's something about it I do get a kick out of.  
 
As far as really awful anime go, the one that sticks out in my mind is "This Ugly yet Beautiful World". Horribly derivative, not funny, not particularly sad, and it didn't even do melancholy right. the characters were all played by slimes (they were easily disposable, not particularly memorable) and pretty much had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. 
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Kuma_From_Argentina: You... I will hurt... for that comment on the second season of 'Haruhi'. Sure, that scene w/ Nagato reading a book for nine minutes is one thing to kill the animators over, but the whole season? Come on, there's worse thing out there than 'Haruhi season 02' to bash, like Puni Puni Poemy.
Post by Godot (113 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@mrassh0le: Sorry to break it to you, but most of the anime you've listed there are aimed at younger audiences. Pokémon is not the exception.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Kuma_From_Argentina said:

" I liked most of the things I watched, I dont remember hating anything, only being mildly annoyed   One of the anime that most pised my off (Mostly becouse of a friend of mine constantly saying that was good) was Lucky Star, I really didnt liked, another one was the second season of  Haruhi, I was about to bash the DVD until it shattered.....  And Digimon 01 is the best! dont mess with it or I will track you down and gut you in your living room with a rusty kitchen knife.... (This goes for everyone) XD "

Anyone who has watched Digimon hasn't watched it unless they've watched the original Digimon Adventure with subs.... not the 'Digimon are the Champions' crap....It's the best season there ever was.... All the characters felt like as if they were real and each kid had their own personality and problems to deal with....
And there were deaths...
 
It was definitely NOT A RIP-OFF of Pokemon....I'm sure this has been discussed a million times already so I wouldn't comment on that more.... 
 
Haruhi S2 was crap because of the 'Endless Eight' arc.....I'm still stuck with fear whenever I hear Haruhi's name due to that stupid arc......Each episode was basically a palette-swap of one another.......
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  Puni Puni Poemi is great. It really helps to know the background behind the show and watch parts of Excel Saga to properly appreciate it, though. If you aren't familiar with its history, it probably would come across as incredibly stupid, and not in a good way.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,166 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@MohsinMan99:   

Anyone who has watched Digimon hasn't watched it unless they've watched the original Digimon Adventure with subs.... not the 'Digimon are the Champions' crap....It's the best season there ever was.... All the characters felt like as if they were real and each kid had their own personality and problems to deal with.... 
And there were deaths... 


I wouldn't say that, Digimon Tamers is equal to adventure.  
  
Post by Godot (113 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@MohsinMan99 said:

" Haruhi S2 was crap because of the 'Endless Eight' arc.....I'm still stuck with feat whenever I hear Haruhi's name due to that stupid arc...... Each episode was basically a palette-swap of one another....... "

Apart from the fact that they reanimated every episode, and re-recorded all the voices. Which is arguably worse.
 
(Kyon kun, denwa!)
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Mechanical_Ape: It didn't strike me as stupid, it struck me as "WTF!?!?!?!?" followed by the "BOOOOOOM" sound my brain cells are making as they explode.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,608 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@MohsinMan99:  I'm saying that, Digimon is awesome, The U.S.A watchers had a horrible dub and a horrific opening song, the Dub of latin America was perfect, the character had their names unchanged and the opening was translated with awesome lyrics and became an instant classic in the Argentinian Fandom, every cover band, and every Karaoke in any con haves at least one man singing Butterfly.    
  
  Awesome Dubbed opening is Awesome.... 
 
(Most of the Latin American dubbing dubbed the song and didnt changed it) (Like Chala-Head-Chala)  
(and some times they even left the japanese version as they did with Rurouni Kenshin)
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  It's just your basic "Girl can't figure out if she's an anime character or a voice actress and moves into a house filled with anime stereotypes and uses a dead fish to turn into a magical princess and defends the earth from an alien that learned about the planet by watching hentai and tentacle porn," story.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Mechanical_Ape: I know. That's why the whole thing was a big WTF to me.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Mechanical_Ape said:

" @Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  It's just your basic "Girl can't figure out if she's an anime character or a voice actress and moves into a house filled with anime stereotypes and uses a dead fish to turn into a magical princess and defends the earth from an alien that learned about the planet by watching hentai and tentacle porn," story. "

Actually, nobody likes Haruhi. Most of us are into it cause of Kyon's reactions...and probably Nagato and Asahina...
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Destinyheroknight said:

" @MohsinMan99:   

Anyone who has watched Digimon hasn't watched it unless they've watched the original Digimon Adventure with subs.... not the 'Digimon are the Champions' crap....It's the best season there ever was.... All the characters felt like as if they were real and each kid had their own personality and problems to deal with.... 
And there were deaths... 


I wouldn't say that, Digimon Tamers is equal to adventure.  
  
"
I agree(with regards to the opening) but still it ranks No.2 for me......can't compare to Butterfly....
Personally, the season got pretty messed up in the end...
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Macross Plus 
 
Now, I know what y'all are thinking- "What the eff is he thinking?" Well, let me put it this way- it started out strong, but the ending... weak, just weak.
Post by MsAyeka (50 posts) See mini bio Level 8


Afro Ronin AKA Afro Samurai  
Bad Art and Bad Characters
Bleach

Dumb Story and Characters     

Post by EquitasInvictus (332 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Kuma_From_Argentina said:
" @MohsinMan99:  I'm saying that, Digimon is awesome, The U.S.A watchers had a horrible dub and a horrific opening song, the Dub of latin America was perfect, the character had their names unchanged and the opening was translated with awesome lyrics and became an instant classic in the Argentinian Fandom, every cover band, and every Karaoke in any con haves at least one man singing Butterfly.    
  
  Awesome Dubbed opening is Awesome....  (Most of the Latin American dubbing dubbed the song and didnt changed it) (Like Chala-Head-Chala)  (and some times they even left the japanese version as they did with Rurouni Kenshin) "
Wow that actually sounds like a legitimate anime OP that could've come out of Japan itself . In that respect, I'm not surprised that most of the Latin Dubbing kept the integral song lyrics intact and simply translated it. 
 
I myself appreciated Digimon Adventures to the point where I actually felt that it was a lot deeper than Pokemon at some point. I was a lot younger back then and don't remember much about it to be able to qualify that argument today, however. While do remember quite a few poignant, exceptional Pokemon episodes in its early seasons I feel like I appreciated Digimon Adventures a lot more in its entirety than I did Pokemon's early seasons. But yeah, I can't say I feel the same way about all other Digimon Adventures spinoffs. 
 
But I digress. Another one of the most frightening anime I've seen is Sleeping With Hinako. I did not even know about the Training With Hinako that it was a spinoff of and thought it was an actual ecchi romance comedy to the likes of B Gata H Kei. Instead, I watched a girl sleep. In hindsight I felt like a voyeur and was ashamed of myself for my inaccurate assumptions as to what it was going to be from its title and decided that from that point on I would at least read one-sentence synopses of anime before watching them.   
 
I should have decided that even long before I watched Sleeping With Hinako - before watching another frightening anime OVA, Aki Sora
Essentially I did not know that I was watching what was not only hentai, but incest hentai. Oops. It was so bad in so many levels, however, I resigned to the standard psychological reaction (the bystander effect) and did not look away. I'd have to say that at the very least it actually made me tolerant of the incest  taboo, as long after I watched it  I was able to watch Yosuga no Sora in its entirety without dismissing it from the onset due to its themes of incest. At the very least, Yosuga no Sora was not as gratuitous when compared with Aki Sora, as it actually posed a very interesting situation and approached it with a realistic sense of drama. In the end I was able to appreciate Yosuga no Sora
 
Either way, I truly find Aki Sora frightening. Parts of it (especially certain chapters of the manga that aren't even animated) are truly messed up in ways I cannot even discuss. 
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@MsAyeka: I will SLAY you for dissing 'Afro'. 
 
@EquitasInvictus: ... You have me at a loss for words. O_O
Post by EquitasInvictus (332 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: I decided not discuss the chapters I was referring to (looked them up in morbid curiosity after reading reactions in other forums from people familiar with the manga) - Chapters 6 and 8 - because I feel like it might even be objectionable to the point that moderators would not appreciate it having mentioned, considering they're cracking down on gratuitously h-related wiki entries. I'll just say that Chapter 6 has to do with questionable parties of a certain nature. An extremely messed up part of the manga they actually animated for one of the latter parts of the anime in Chapter 8 starts around page 19. That's all the information I'll provide for the similarly morbidly curious. For the morbidly curious and not-so-adventurous-to-look-them-up, I guess I can PM about it when prompted.
 
On a humorous note, I'll simply reiterate that Hinako is indeed ridiculously frightening in how she has an Android app (and body pillow, apparently, as suggested by the video below): 
  
  I sincerely hope that the person in that video is actually a PR guy or something. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel