The most frightnening animes (as in horrible) i ever saw

Topic started by jewl122 on March 16, 2011. Last post by MarioRedfield 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by jewl122 (326 posts) See mini bio Level 12
6. Digimon- digimon Digimon is a spin off of Pokemon
5. Spice n Wolf- I wish the plot was a little stronger 
4. EVERYTHING DRAGON BALL Z- What is there else to say- besides DEATH SENTENCE 
3. BlackBloodBrothers- I've seen somthing better 
2. Pokemon- It was good at first---but then it's WTF AM I WATCHING? 
1. Yugioh- It's not that serious- YOU DONT NEED- look the plot line is HORRENDOUS 

What about you? 

Because I know you guys have something that SUCKS!
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24
You're probably one of the few who would put Spice and Wolf on a worst of list. 

I can't think of too many since I'm quick to drop a show and totally forget about it, but Shadow Star Narutaru stands out as being really bad.  Maybe it should count though, since I consider it to be so bad it's good.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@jewl122:  
Have you ever watch Digimon :( 

I really don't want to get in to the Digimon ripping off Pokemon again, just watch this video 
Sigh,  Spice n Wolf? 
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
5) Anything post-'Digimon Adventure' (The first bout with the original crew was exciting, yes, but COME ON!!!)
4) Anything 'Dragonball' (It's been taken too far too long and has been ret-conned to HELL) 
3) Mnemosyne: Daughters of Rin (Enjoyable, yes... BUT WHAT THE EFF WITH THAT ENDING!?!?!?!? SO MUCH MORE COULD HAVE COME FROM IT!!!! So much... more...) 
2) Green Legend Ran (GIVE US A FUCKING EXPLANATION, STORYLINE!!!) 
1) Yu-Gi-Oh! (Where did I leave my 9mm when I need it most...?)
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I think you are reading to much into some of these shows. You say the "plot lines" are terrible, but honestly what did you expect from these shows,  Shakespeare? I also suggest you check out the original Yugioh that aired in the 80's, get some sense of the shows grounding. Also consider the age group that a lot of those shows you mention are aiming to, and their original scope of intent. Also, Digimon isn't really a rip-off of pokemon, having "cute" animal side kicks does not equal the same show, just an fyi. 

If I had to list the worst show's I ever saw, then... (No order)  

Chaos Head is the first thing to come to mind. It had a few nice opening episodes and some built up potential but it quickly turned into a train wreck. Had no direction, relied on common archetypes to grasp attention, long winded rants about really nothing at all and a lost of focus on the show.  

Code Geass R2 Also comes to mind, which is a shame because I liked the first season quite a bit. Flashy, beam spamming mech's is probably my biggest personal problem with the show. However, the lazy writing, overuse of deus ex and terrible pacing also play a huge factor into it.  

Tenjou Tenge is probably my least favorite of all time. Such a let down, terrible, overused fan-service, boring fights(Action series that uses nothing but still frames, fail) and really nonsensical story telling, did not work out at all. 

I also hate the Zero no Tsukaima franchise as a whole. I am not into the whole abusive relationship, especially when it gets out of hand like it does. At least in other Tsundere focused anime, like shana, I can understand and sympathize with the main lead, not in this one. Abusive for the hell of it seems, and really no attempt at growth, and the creators play off what little growth there is in the series like it never happened, so it just comes to a complete halt and you get the same thing every episode. Terrible, just terrible show.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,353 posts) See mini bio Level 14
your gonna get a lot of hate here lol
@Jinbeifan1: Hate? This is BEYOND hatred, my friend... there's my Kahr 9mm! 

*Puts handgun to head and pulls the trigger after bringing Yu-Gi-Oh! up earlier; empty click* 

Shit... I tried at least.
Post by Manami (1,487 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Burntlettuce:  I liked the Tenjho Tenge Manga far better than the anime.
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I can't really think of many anime that I absolutely hate. I can usually tell pretty quickly whether I will like a show or not. If I don't like it I stop watching and quickly forget about it. The most recent one I can think of is High School of the Dead. After the first episode I had already decided it was terrible. I forced myself to watch a second episode and it just confirmed my feelings. Maybe it gets better after the second episode. Frankly, I don't care enough to find out.

@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto: Green Legend Ran was one of the first anime I ever saw. That was some time ago, though, and I barely remember anything other than the title. I plan on watching it again someday.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14
im still a digimon fan put i only like the pokemon DS games when it comes to pokemon, yes i hate DBZ and yugioh but other then that its a "meh" situation
Post by Sammo21 (13 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@sickVisionz: Yeah, while Spice and Wolf isn't  a favorite of mine it is nowhere near horrible.  Just not for me.  My wife loves it though. 

Personally I would say One Piece and Dragonball or Dragonball Z.  I can't stand anything involved with either of those.
@Mechanical_Ape: My DAWG, man! You plan to revisit it? Man, this is going to be worse than that one time I tried K-2... not a good day, ladies, not a good day.
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  I doubt I actually will. I have an absolutely terrible memory, so I barely remember anything about many of the early shows I watched. While I'd love to go back and see them again, and try to see what sparked my interest in anime, I doubt I ever will. I'm interested, but not that interested I guess.
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Manami said:
" @Burntlettuce:  I liked the Tenjho Tenge Manga far better than the anime. "
I've heard this numerous times, and I am sure it is. The type of action probably works well for the manga, but it did not translate well into the anime. One day I may read the manga, but that that day is probably far into the future.
Post by Dream (7,897 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Make Out a Top 5 of my Worst Ani-Crap:
1. Tekken- Worst adaptation of a video game series ever! 
2. Cosplay Complex- Cosplay's nothing but a backdrop for fan service and perversion.
3. X: The Movie- Has nice visuals, but is a mess because  of rushed pacing and far too many characters to focus on in its limited time run.
4. RahXephon: Pluralitas Concentio- While I'm a huge sap for RahXephon, this movie is just a lazy hack and slash job where much of the movie consists of scenes taken directly from the TV series removing much of the focus on characters besides Ayato and Haruka.
5. I'm in Love with my Younger Sister- Lots of melodrama and shallow characters for a romance anime centered around incest.
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan (HOLY FUCK, WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!?!?)
Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Just thought of two 

Now and Then, Here and There... I usually love anime where bad things happen to good people and I'm all for having a deeper message,  but this anime delivers it a subtly as a brick to the face.  It's way too heavy handed with it's message and ends on someone going on an anti-abortion rant.  Plus the bad guy is so looney and cartoonish that's it's hard for me to buy anyone honestly being fearful of him or actually following his orders... and the story is pretty meh overall.

Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl... this show just blows with no need to go into further details.
@sickVisionz said:

" Just thought of two 

Now and Then, Here and There... I usually love anime where bad things happen to good people and I'm all for having a deeper message,  but this anime delivers it a subtly as a brick to the face.  It's way too heavy handed with it's message and ends on someone going on an anti-abortion rant.  Plus the bad guy is so looney and cartoonish that's it's hard for me to buy anyone honestly being fearful of him or actually following his orders... and the story is pretty meh overall.

Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl... this show just blows with no need to go into further details. "

Agree :) 
Boku no Pico  
I'll kill my friend for betting me to watch this 
Dragon Ball GT 
Dragon Ball was awesome and Dragon Ball Z was just ok, but Dragon Ball GT I want to burn with fire 
Queen's Blade 
All fanservice, no story or anything  
Eiken  
This show just give me a headache 
@jewl122:  
Oh ok, I understand now 
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 12

TOP 5 WORST ANIMES

1. Yu-Gi-Oh!

THE SHOW IS A GIANT ADVERTISEMENT FOR the card game and why does Yugi get the credit in all when the Pharaoh is doing all the bloody work. This is even worse then Pokémon!Also I hate this shows about a certain game , they always drive it too far. In an episode you have Seto Kaiba kidnapping Yugi's granpa for a simple card.And they also talk about it being a legendary egyptian game...okay but how come they have robot cards... and how come all the characters on the cards are caucasian.The final episode is Yugi vs The Pharaoh if Yugi wins then the Pharaoh gets to rest in peace....well why doesn't the Pharaon just let himself lose?

2. Spider Riders

They don't give us any reaosn why Hunter goes to this world or how he got there. We just know that it is related toh is grandfather and that is grandfather was a spider rider and that somehow him being from another world make him qualified to be one.And the weirdest is that the poeples who live in the center of the Earth seem to have knowledge of the poeples livng on the surface but don't try to establish any contact. The pacing of the show is just too fast one minute Hunter arrives in this new world ,the next he is a spider rider and the next he is vainquishing the ultimate vilain.

3. Fairy Tail

The show is too comedy orientated it litterally can't be taken seriously.There is absolutely no blood nor is there anybody dying in it. And yes blood not being there is something I can ignore but there so many moments in the show that do not make sense without it. How can Erza cut poeples without them bleeding ? Also the use of fire is very to the one in Pokémon wich means someone will get brutally burned and yet recovers a second after . The other thing I dont stand is the absence of any real purpose . In FMA(B) the plot is to get Al and Ed's bodies back,in Naruto it is to get Sasuke and to become Hokage , Fairy Tail lacks that. Another thing I am not very much a fan of is the fact that they dont seem to seperate seriousness and comedy. Example: Lucy and her celestial gardiens, they all look silly except the maid and how come the cow is a male?So basically Lucy has a lesbian cow always hitting on her lol Yes animes do have a lot of comedy hell even Death NOTE had its share of comedy with Misa but it wouldn't interferewith serious battle scenes or plots twists.

4. InuYasha, a Feudal Fairy Tale

5. Pokémon

It has been going on for way too long and it is the only place I know where you can be electrecuted,burned and shot by a lazer and have absolutely no damage. The reason it is not higher is because it is a kids show.Also why does Ash get the credit for his fights all he does his stand there yelling :"Go Pikachu!"

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel