The most annoying characters you've come across in anime

Topic started by MohsinMan99 on April 4, 2011. Last post by ninjadude853 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
As the title says, which character did you find the most annoying in all your years/months/days of watching anime? Which particular character did you hate most?
 Also, please state reasons if any.

My choice:

Inoue Orihime (Bleach)

She's weak, she's stupid and basically everything a good character shouldn't be. She gets on my nerves each time she says 'Kurosaki-kun'. Also, there were episodes in which her only dialogue was that one line. I don't even know why Kubo hasn't killed her off yet.

KUROSAKI-KUNNNNNNNN
 KUROSAKI-KUNNNNNNNN

Honorable mention:
Excalibur (Soul Eater) :Is the most annoying character for me after Orihime. You need to basically throw away all reasoning out of the window if you want to deal with the guy. Somehow, at least he felt funny.

FOOLS!
 FOOLS!
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@rein: Watch UBW and Jellyfish fight, your opinion would probably change about both of them

and well it's actually mis translation
He actually said in the context of "People should STAY dead after being killed"
Post by Sorantheman (105 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Poemi Watanabe. 

The words "STFU" does not exist in her dictionary.
Post by Dream (8,267 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Let's see:
1. Makoto Itou- Worst protagonist I've seen in an anime. Could care less when Sekai butchers him and an insane Kotonoha has her way with severing his head.
2. Saori Shikijou- Oversexed shotacon teacher who is nothing but a waste of space in Mahoromatic.
3. Mitsurugi Hanagata- This guy was very annoying with his never-ending gay admiration of Otaru in the Saber Marionette franchise and his comic relief as the resident punching bag with the marionettes got old very quickly.
4. Taishi Kuhonbutsu- Comic Party's hypped up otaku who doesn't know when to shut up during his tirades of convincing Kazuki to press on with his doujinshi.
5. Eiji Nizuma- A recent example from Bakuman. I never got how someone who acts this eccentric and weird was hailed as a genius manga-ka. His loud, nonsensical yelling and ranting while doing his manga work did well enough to press my buttons whenever there were scenes of him.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,000 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I hate Yui from K-on, I think there isnt a more useless character in the whole story of anime!
Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Kagome from Inuyasha
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@MohsinMan99:   
Andromeda Shun - I have nothing about gay people but he is just the most annoying characters ever made. 

Ilpalazzo - He´s probably the most stupid guy in excel saga, and thats s lot to say, but at least the other characters are funny, he´s just stupid.

Kokoa - She probably has a mental sickness, her masochist tendencies towards her sister are irrational and always gets on my nerves.  

Afro Samurai - He fights and kills everyone for his stupid headband, even the ones that care about him, he just makes me mad.
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@ronat1: I oughta SLAY you for what you said about Kokoa and Afro. 

The entire cast of Puni Puni Poemi
Post by tacosRcool (19 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Excalibur is so damn annoying!
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I must have completely different tastes than most. I like Poemi Watanabe and Excalibur, and Index is one of my favorite characters. On the other hand, Miya Miya and Dan from Bamboo Blade are terrible. I really like the show, but I hate whenever either of those characters show up. I don't like Emiya from Fate/Stay Night either. He's not that bad, just really dull and boring. Also, pretty much every character in High School of the Dead.
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  Hahaha go on, I plead myself guilty, but at least I agree with you in one thing, the cast of Puni Puni Poemi is awful. 
Haruhi Suzumiya herself in the series. Not the movie or the chan omakes... just the series.
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
" Haruhi Suzumiya herself in the series. Not the movie or the chan omakes... just the series. "
I would definitely agree with that, although I'd probably include most of the characters in that series.
The Ape or the Ape
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto said:
" The Ape or the Ape "
I don't know, for some reason I think that second one is pretty good.
@Mechanical_Ape: Naw... ya think!?!?!?!?
@Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto:  On second thought, you're right. He doesn't even have an image in his profile. What kind of idiot wouldn't do that?
@Mechanical_Ape: Well, we won't know until he does get a picture there.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Well...Priest Satori from One Piece (Skypiea Arc) is one of the most annoying characters that I have encountered in the past several months next to Furuichi Takayuki of Beelzebub. 

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel