The end is nigh! Bleach, Beelzebub, and Gintama to end in March.

Topic started by PenguinDust on March 20, 2012. Last post by The_Desert_Tiger 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

In case you haven't heard, the anime adaptions of Bleach, Beelzebub and Gintama will come to a close over the course of this week and early next. The final Beelzebub, episode 60, will air on March 25, followed by Gintama closing up shop again on March 26 and finally Bleach concludes on March 27 with episode 366. I should note that if you've been keeping up with Anime Vice's various weekly Beelzebub reviews, you might be aware of its close already. I've never seen the show yet, but will now "marathon" it after the final show airs. I heard that the series departs some from the manga similar to Soul Eater, so for me personally, I won't have any preconceptions of how it should end. Bleach, well, people have been calling for its cancellation for years now. I myself have seen very little since the end of the Arrancar: Downfall arc somewhere around 316. I'm relieved by this news because there's been so much filler in the series over the years that it's hard to stick with it. And that brings us to Gintama. Damn, I love this show. When I look over the course of its run, however it did manage to produce 252 episodes. Additionally, this series resurrected from the dead once before, so perhaps in another two years it will be back again. Incidentally, it's my understanding that Masashi Tanaka's Gon manga about a tiny dinosaur will be replacing Gintama in the television schedule. I'm quite surprised to see three Shonen Jump shows get the axe simultaneously.

It's no secret, too that the end of this month will also close the books on long time anime franchises Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero). I'm startled to see that three Rie Kugimiya shows conclude at the same time; Shana, Zero and Gintama. I know she recorded her voice work on them months and months ago, but the coincidence is unexpected.

On the manga front, Mahou Sensei Negima recently ended with chapter 355. The series began in 2003 and has had two anime adaptions plus a bunch of OVAs. I'd like to take a look at this one soon. I've recently started (gasp!) reading some manga again, and since this one is complete, I may give it a shot. I really liked the second anime adaption, Negima?!. The other manga announced to conclude is Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei which debuted in 2005. According to Weekly Shonen Magazine, it will wrap up something this summer with chapter 301.

It feels like 2012 is shaping up to be a year of great change. Perhaps the Mayans were right after all. Ah, well I suspect we'll have One Piece even after the end of time.

Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I haven't read it myself, but I hear Negima ended really suddenly. It was just mentioned there would only be 3 more chapters in a pretty casual way. The ending was obviously a quick, sudden thing that didn't really conclude the series, so if you give it a look hopefully you're not too dissapointed!
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Petiew said:

I haven't read it myself, but I hear Negima ended really suddenly. It was just mentioned there would only be 3 more chapters in a pretty casual way. The ending was obviously a quick, sudden thing that didn't really conclude the series, so if you give it a look hopefully you're not too dissapointed!

Actually the ending of negima was awful.

We don't know how negi found his father, why eva is still a little girl, how the final boss was defeated, what ever happened to fate, and several other unfinished plot lines. I gotta admit as a hardcore fan of negima since i was in middle school, the ending really pissed me of

f

Post by takashichea (14,371 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Both my teammates, fellow wiki editors at Beelzebub Wikia, and I are unsure whether Beelzebub is ending. In the episode preview of episode 59, Oga tells Beel that next episode is their last. Not sure if Oga was joking about that. I'm looking for some news articles or announcements for one last confirmation. It's a shame since Beelzebub is getting to the good stuff.

For Bleach, it's pretty close to its manga counterpart. Same goes for Fairy Tail.

Sorry Gintama fans, I'm not faithful to its weekly reports. I bite off more than I can chew on the wiki projects and weekly reports.

Post by takashichea (14,371 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@PenguinDust:

I finally found the news article. I was looking at Beelzebub's anime entry on Animenewsnetwork only to find nothing about its end. Then, I decided to skim through the news articles and boom!. I didn't want to believe at first. Oh well.

Beelzebub TV Anime to End on March 25 by Daniel Zelter on Animenewsnetwork

I have to make an announcement blog to the fans in the community to clear up confusion. Thanks.

Hey teammates!

Looks like Beelzebub anime is ending for good. It has been a blast working with you guys on this anime series.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@takashichea: It is a true shame to see my Top Anime Show of 2011 come to a end like this, but it was a fun ride while it lasted. Cheers to my teammates on Team Beelzebub, and it was a honor to be able to help with some of the pages related to the series (especially my work on the Six Holy Knights page).

Farewell, Beelzebub. I will miss your memorable characters and great humor...
Farewell, Beelzebub. I will miss your memorable characters and great humor...
Post by tomar (11 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I was always partial to Shana but all good things must end. And I thought Negima overstayed and went way to long and should have ended years ago.

Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Noooooooooooo! Not Gintama!

Post by Sreenivas (41 posts) See mini bio Level 10

It is like god wants to buy some time for me to do other work rather than working on beel.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Actually, the reason Gintama is "ending" is because the anime has caught up with the manga. This week's episode had them explaining this in the anime itself and hence...it's another "break" for Gintama.

Post by tacosRcool (19 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I'm glad Bleach will be ending! I have pretty much given up around episode 305. There is too much filler that ruins it for me. I have had to wait months to continue the story and pass by some of the fillers! I will actually start watching them again!

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Whoa Gintama is ending? I'm actually kind of surprised by that.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel