Superevil's Top 5 Anime ~ #4

Topic started by Superevil225 on Dec. 3, 2011. Last post by Batsu 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17

#4 ~ SWITCH

This extremely intillegent OVA mystery series follows Hal and Kai as they take down drug cartel! Kinda sounds boring on paper, but this is one of my favourite anime, and by far in my top 10 manga. The manga is much better than the OVA, because you can't do much in an hour and there are a pile of SWITCH books, but the OVA picks out the important pieces here and there to construct a lovely peak into the lives of our narcotics detectives. Smart mysteries and insane characters. Definitely one of my favourites. Beware the cute ones and those with tattoos are obviously connected to some Japanese drug cartel. Well... that's at least what SWITCH told me.

What's your 4th favourite anime? Why? Have you seen SWITCH? What are your opinions?

Keep your eyes on the look out for #3 on Superevil's top 5 anime!

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Is hard to say what is my fourth favourite anime, I think that Steins; Gates xD

I've never seen switch

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I'd probably give my number 4 spot to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, it's just an awesome series.

I've never heard of/seen Switch so i can't really have an opinion on it.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I haven't seen Switch yet. I've heard of it but it's not a show that pops up in conversations with much frequency I find. That's doesn't mean that it isn't worth my time eventually. Quite the contrary, it just means that because it's less discussed, I tend to forget to see it. I'll have to add it to my personal list of recommendations.

My number #4 is Nadia Secret of the Blue Water. This show came out 20 years ago, so it might not be on too many people's radar these days although it was once very popular. It's an adventure story set at the turn of the century (19th to 20th), but it also has strong romantic-comedy elements as well as some steampunk imagery. The protagonists are a pair of young teenagers who find themselves being pursued by a group of incompetent thieves out to steal a jeweled necklace from them. The story is inspired by Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but it adds a lot of its own original ideas to keep it fresh. The best part for me was the blossoming relationship between Jean, the inventor boy and Nadia, the girl with a mysterious past. I wrote a lot about the series in a blog last year.

Post by MisterX (917 posts) See mini bio Level 19

#4 for me is Outlaw Star. I thought it was a really cool show and I liked the characters and story. The old style animation was nice too. I haven't heard of switch.

Post by Batsu (67 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I have a lot tied in the top 5

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel