Summer 2012 Anime chart, what are your early picks?

Topic started by AURON570 on June 10, 2012. Last post by Turambar 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by AURON570 (573 posts) See mini bio Level 15

So here's the list of anime coming out in July so far.

Looks pretty bland overall after checking out a number of trailers and reading most of the descriptions. But there are a few that I'm keeping my eye on.

1. Tari Tari. A drama about a few high school students who are "too young to be called adults, but no longer consider themselves children." The team making this anime has a lot of the same people who worked on Hanasaku Iroha. And you know how I feel about that series. ;) The trailer looks really nice and I have high hopes for the story and presentation.

2. Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. A liberal interpretation of the famous 100 poems written between the 7th and 13th centuries in Japan. Not sure how that is going to translate story-wise, but after being exposed to the 100 poems in a different setting in Chihayafuru, I am interested to see how this series uses the 100 poems. Cannot find a trailer of this one unfortunately.

3. Aruvu Rezuru. The synopsis on the chart is terrible, read the one over here. Sounds pretty interesting, it feels like a while since I checked out a good sci-fi. Unfortunately can't find a trailer of this one either.

Also I'm going to watch the OVAs for Mysterious Girlfriend X and Squid Girl.

But what are your early picks?

EDIT:

Feel free to check out Summer 2012 Anthology blog, by takashichea and BigHeart711 for trailers, it's easier than googling them each individually and trying to find them yourself. ;P

Post by takashichea (14,310 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I'm behind in new anime, but I will try Tari Tari to get outside my usual genre of anime if I get some time off from wiki projects and summer school. I figure you'll love the series just like Hanasaku Iroha. Great topic!

BigHeart711 and I finished the Spring 2012 Anthology blog. Right now, we're posting Summer 2012 video trailers.

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Green = Anticipating; Yellow = Mild Interest
Green = Anticipating; Yellow = Mild Interest
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Well, I won't see any of these until the fall season starts, but here are the ones I'm interested in today:

1. Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai - A guy who lost his "erotic spirit" and lives with a beautiful goddess of death? Sounds like good ecchi fun.
  2. Yurayuri - Middle school girls goof off for their club activities. Seems to be a cute slice-of-life show.
  3. Sword Art Online - An MMO world where players can die in real life. I was only so-so on .hack, but I liked the idea. This might improve the concept.
  4. Oda Nobuna no Yabou - I saw the gender-swapping, time traveling Battle Girls Time Paradox, so I'll see this version of that same anime, too.
  5. Binbou-gami ga! - Teen girl's happy energy vs the god of poverty trying to set things right? It seems to be a comedy, but I expect some melodrama as well.
  6. Campione! - a shonen-styled god-slaying action show. Could be lighthearted fun.
  7. Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - It sort of reminds me of Sora no Minami which was just about an Astronomy Club. I liked that, so this could be cool.
  8. Kokoro Connect - I swear I saw this and thought it was K-on!
  9. Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - Get married to inherit a fortune-the high school comedy. A rom-com (possibly harem) with a sister candidate, too.
  10. Tari Tari - Sounds like a decent slice-of-life show about junior high girls growing up.
  11. Joshiraku - Behind the scenes conversations? This could be as verbally entertaining as Lucky Star.
  12. La storia della Arcana Famiglia - The premise seems to be a Battle Royale type thing where the prize is also a contestant. Action could be good from J.C. Staff.
  13. Aruvu Rezuru: Kikai Jikake no Yousei-tachi - It's a cyberpunk series with an emphasis on the net side of that genre. It will be interesting to compare this one to Sword Art Online.

I still need to see the first seasons of these

1. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
  2. Dog Days II
  3. Rinne no Lagrange II

There are a lot of OVA, OAD, movies and specials I am interested in, so I'm not going list all of those, but I will say "Woo-hoo, more Squid Girl!"

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

After seeing some trailers and descriptions i lost the will to follow any series from this season, everything looks so bad and generic (compared to Spring season e.g.)

Nonetheless i might try Noitamina and one or other title, and even then i'm not entirely sure. I'm not the biggest fan of Moyashimon and the first season albeit watchable was rather boring, the other noitamina title visually looks good but at the moment that's all i get from it. Might check the first episode of Tari tari and Sword Art

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10
The two Code Geass OVAs sound worth a laugh while Moyashimon sounds legitimately interesting.  The rest, not so much.  

As for Gundam Unicorn 05, already saw it and quick review: it's pretty good.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel