Still Own Any Anime on VHS?

Topic started by Dream on Sept. 29, 2012. Last post by NoOne_13 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,735 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Considering I've recently been buying some older anime titles on VHS since they are either far cheaper than getting them on DVD or only available on VHS, I figured I would see if anyone else on Vice either still has any anime on VHS or been buying them in the format. Here is what I presently own on VHS: 

Night on the Galactic Railroad 
Arcadia of my Youth 
Birdy the Mighty 
Neo Tokyo 
Queen Emeraldas 
Ultimate Teacher 
One Pound Gospel 
The Cockpit 
Mermaid's Scar 
Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation 
Random singles volumes of Night Warriors, Dragonball Z, Blue Gender, Ping Pong Club and Ex-Driver 

Anybody still have any anime in their collection that is in VHS format?
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,295 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Yes, but they all in storage

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I had the first four episodes of the original pokemon series on VHS somewhere in my closet, I don't really know where they are now. Which sucks because I recently came into the possession of a VCR player.

Post by Acura_Max (2,346 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I still have my copy of Sailor Moon Starlight series 1.

Post by takashichea (12,657 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I think that's it.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Some Dragon Ball set..

but it's in a safe place... because I don't want it to get them messed up.

Post by Sonata (35,424 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I did awhile back before I got rid some of them.

@Sonata said:

I did awhile back before I got rid some of them.

Why did you get rid of them?

Post by MarioRedfield (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The entire Frieza saga, and random assorted DBZ episodes

@DBZ_universe: I was running out of room to store them. Mostly they were DBZ Tapes, now since I have most of the remastered series I didn't need them anymore.

@Sonata: Did you sell them or throw them away?? cause if you throw them away... that's evil.. lol

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I never owned any and I'd never buy any now except for novelty purposes as something silly to make people laugh when they see it or something.

@DBZ_universe said:

@Sonata: Did you sell them or throw them away?? cause if you throw them away... that's evil.. lol

Garbage formats belong in the trash.

@sickVisionz: lol.. what?

@sickVisionz: Said "garbage format" saved me $50-$100 on buying some older OOP anime titles I wanted if I went with DVD. Hell, some titles can only be snagged on VHS since they were never released on DVD.
@DBZ_universe: LOL I did throw them out. I tried to let the kids in my neighborhood have them, but they didn't want them.

@Sonata: They didn't know what a VHS is that's why lol...

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Dream: I'd rather spend the extra $50 on getting a format that's actually playable in modern devices, doesn't have terrible picture quality, and won't have the already bad a/v quality worsen everytime it's played. VHS may very well be the worst possible format for storing video in nearly every metric used to determine if a format is good or bad.

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I have some episodes of Alice in Wonderland and Dragon Ball on VHS. Apart from that i also have a Mazinger movie and a Lady Georgie vhs, but don't know if i still have these somewhere or if i threw them away..

@sickVisionz:  

Post by NoOne_13 (61 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I used to own a copy of Joto season Pokemon. I have no idea where it is know but whatever.

Funny thing is I wish I had a VHS player because I found out that a video store in my area has a large selection of Anime on VHS, including the english dub of Sailor Moon. Which I would love to have just for the laughs.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel