So what does Anime Vice think of Ore No Imouto?

Topic started by InfiniteGeass on Oct. 13, 2010. Last post by godeater 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Two episodes have aired now and I was wondering what you guys thought of it so far? I'm really enjoying it so far and like what it's all about. I think it's a pretty interesting show and might be my favorite this season. What do you guys think?
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Not a favorite, but really it's a very interesting premise
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I've been enjoying it so far, but it really depends on where it goes, after the first episode I was a little worried it was going in the Kiss x Sis direction, and I don't think we need a copy-cat series of that. But after the second episode I don't think it will go that way. 
I really like the way it looks, it looks vibrant, sharp and fluid. It just stands out a little bit to me compared to other things I'm watching, I don't know if anyone else agrees with that.
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I could do a shameless plug for my First Impressions blog post, but nahhhh

In short, it looks to become a nice Coming-of-age story with plenty of "touching" (mind out of the gutter, people. Now!) moments. Also, the sheer amount of moe and references will appease the hardcore otaku. Then again: Comiket is going to be awkward...
Post by Rokujo (100 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Ruri is my new waifu. 

Loving the show so far. It was one of my 'wild card picks' for the season. I wasn't sure what to expect really, but it's certainly taken me by surprise. It's one of my favourites atm, only coming second to Star Driver.

Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I've got a few question I'm hoping someone who's seen most of the episodes so far can answer: 

1. Is this harem?
  2. Is it similar to the Haruka-something no Himitsu show?
  3. If it's a comedy, what style of comedy would you label it?
Post by Rokujo (100 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@sickVisionz: 1. I'd say it's very much harem, but it's better disguised than most. Other than a few side characters, Kyousuke appears to be the only male present, as far as I can recall.

2. I haven't seen that show, but I find myself interested in checking it out now.

3. There's quite a lot of comedy and it's quite well done. It usually revolves around jokes about otaku lifestyle. There's a bit of incest humour as well, which has stirred up some controversy. It's been fairly tasteful so far, but it can push it a little far at times. There's some fanservice in there as well, but it's not as obvious as other anime.
Post by damswedon (277 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Mid series I came to realise that for all the promise that the show had it had one huge problem, I just did not find Kirino to be an appealing character. She actively is the worse part of the show. The best episode of the show before I dropped it was the "There's No Way My Childhood Friend is This Cute" and that is because she is barely in it.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Interesting start but the show is getting a bit repetitive.
Post by godeater (2,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@willyvereb:
yeah true it's getting a bit dull so I read the manga.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel