So Much To Watch, So Much To Download

Topic started by gia on Jan. 8, 2009. Last post by Devilly 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Ouran High School Host Club
Ouran High School Host Club
...Legally, I mean. Let's see, a few pieces of news here...Crunchyroll has sent out a reminder that Naruto Shippuuden and Gintama are having their first simultaneous releases today. (Not a download, but Bandai Entertainment also just issued a press release to remind us that Kurokami is also having its first simultaneous release today, if you have the ImaginAsian channel).

But wait, there's more! Nebs has spotted a new FUNimation marketing item: “Anime-to-Go cards,” which come in $10 and $15 increments, feature Afro Samurai, Host Club, Witchblade, and other popular FUNi titles, and are good on FUNi's own VOD site.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't push this for the holidays-- anime-themed gift cards would make great stocking-stuffers –but hey, maybe those of you who have otaku sweethearts will like them for Valentine's Day. If FUNi officially releases them. (Note: Nebs doesn't mention exactly where he saw these, either.)

And finally, Geneon Entertainment (the Japanese one) has announced that it will be releasing anime music globally via iTunes-- in 22 countries across North America, Europe, and Oceania (Australia et al). It's been unofficially announced that they're starting with music from Shakugan no Shana by Kotoko (the first two seasons' OPs), as well as Mell's “Red Fraction,” from Black Lagoon.

Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Psyched to see some anime on iTunes (which honestly, I don't really use that much [ahem, DRM]), but more that Japanese companies seem to be getting better about international deals and agreements to distribute content. Sweet!
Post by Sharp (35 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Well, they're taking the DRM out of iTunes (for 0.30 USD), so maybe you can consider it.  
This is just another in a long series of good news or American anime fans.  I hope the trend continues.
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Sharp said:
"Well, they're taking the DRM out of iTunes (for 0.30 USD), so maybe you can consider it.  
This is just another in a long series of good news or American anime fans.  I hope the trend continues.
"
Pay .30 more for something you already purchased? No, thank you. Also, if your hard drive crashes and you lose your collection (and are stupid enough not to have a backup), they don't have an option to restore your library without purchasing everything over again. Dumb.

Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Nice to see Geneon jump on the iTMS [global] bandwagon.

Now, if we can somehow get Victor Entertainment to make their releases available to those of us across the Pacific, that'll be a day of celebration.
Post by MorpheusDreamweaver (93 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Nice to see the Geneon stuff show up on iTunes. Hopefully it will be offered DRM-free soon
Post by Fubar (84 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Downloaded Afro Samurai and Death Note.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I got my own resources like 40 sites so its easy for me to download stuff like Magikano and Karas
And im almost done with Kiva and Go-onger so in a few months im starting with DCD and Shikenger
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel