Shows like Gurren Lagann?

Topic started by KingOfAsh on March 11, 2013. Last post by KingOfAsh 1 year, 4 months ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

After watching Gurren Lagann for the 3rd time, I was just wondering if there are any others shows like Gurren Lagann, or shows that a Gurren Lagann fan would like. I've seen the other Gainax mech shows (Evangelion, FLCL, Diebuster, Gunbuster) and started Code Geass and Eureka Seven. I stated "shows" rather than "animes" in the title because I'm not just restricting this to anime; any live action or non-Japanese animation is also welcome. I've also started Firefly and am most of the way through the first season of A Game of Thrones, with the second ready. Then there's non mecha animes such as both FullmetalI Alchemist series. should probably list the things that I liked so about it...

I tried watching Gundam Seed, but I could never get through it. I'm not a fan of Bleach or One Piece and to put it bluntly, I hate Naruto and Dragon Ball Z (I did, however, like the original Dragon Ball). Should also mention that I really don't like Doctor Who...

I liked the characters, the fight scenes, the music, the scope, the sense of scale, the pacing, the plot & the fact that it didn't drag on forever (it did, however, seem too short with only 27 episodes), the animation, the villains, the themes and the optomistic feel of it. Probably more too.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel