Shakugan no Shana 3rd Season?

Topic started by ronat1 on Feb. 10, 2011. Last post by sickVisionz 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I´ve been waiting for the third season to appear but nothing. In some forums they say there IS going to be a third season and in others that NOT. Does anyone know if there is or going to be a third season?
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
No information as of yet but they did finish up an OVA series late last year.  Shakugan no Shana S.  A while back season 3 was thought to have been confirmed but no release date has been stated, so...  According to Animedia's August 2009 issue, the 3rd season will begin after the completion of the SnS S OVA series.  Now that it's done, I guess we'll hear something more solid later in the year.   I think late 2011 or early 2012 is the best possible window for the show to continue.

Me, I'm still waiting for the second promised season of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu.  I think the OVAs air soon on that show, so maybe in this case as well it will follow the OVA series completion. 
@PenguinDust:   I haven´t heard of that anime before, would you say I should check it out? is it worthy?
I haven't taken the time to check it out myself since I was waiting for it to finish up after I watched the first two seasons of Shana back in July.  But, if you liked the franchise so far, I don't see why not. 
Post by rubberluffy (567 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I haven't even watched the second season yet.  I really liked the first season, how does the second compare?
Post by sickVisionz (4,223 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I hope so.  As a whole the series gets better and better with each bit of content they put out.  After seeing the OVAs I really want to see another 20+ episode run. 

@rubberluffy: It caught some flack because it wasn't shot-for-shot word-for-word identical to the manga but I thought it was pretty great.  Imagine every aspect of season one that you enjoyed.  Now radically increase the quality and quantity of it.  That is season 2.  Whether it be action, high school comedy or school girl romance, they cranked everything up a notch
Post by rubberluffy (567 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@sickVisionz: 
Is there more of that Yoshida girl?  I hope not, because I found her really irritating.
Post by EquitasInvictus (332 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@rubberluffy: While there's still a bit more of Yoshida in the 2nd season, there probably won't be too much more of her after it, by the way the season ended and considering what happened in the light novels past the point the second anime season ended.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
just picked up the first season. saw a few eps at a con last year and it really impressed me. glad to hear i have another season and ova's to look forward to
@rubberluffy said:
" @sickVisionz:  Is there more of that Yoshida girl?  I hope not, because I found her really irritating. "
They introduce a new girl,  Fumina Konoe who becomes a greater focus than Yoshida.
The second season was great, Yuji was able to fight for his own, it was a shame that it just happened at the end of the season, thats why I´m looking forward for the third one, hope to some more brainwashing battles!! 
Post by sickVisionz (4,223 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@rubberluffy: I haven't seen season 2 since like... maybe 2007 or something and I don't remember the names of anyone other than Shana, Marjorie and Wilemina.  I think the others can give you a better answer about it than I could.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel