Running in Bleach?

Topic started by Sovereign13 on Aug. 3, 2010. Last post by Oglaphone 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Sovereign13 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Why is it that, in Bleach, the characters run, shunpo, and fly a third of the time each? I mean I'm sure using shunpo could be tiring but come on. People wouldn't need to spend 3 episodes running a mile like in Naruto! And then they just randomly fly for no reason sometimes! Did I just forget some ridiculous explanation somewhere or what? Please tell me if I did.

And another thing, why is it that in Seireitei they follow the elaborate pathways and don't just, I don't know, jump over the damn walls in a straight line! I mean they're only like 12 feet tall. They can just follow the spiritual pressure right to a spot or even look for the giant pillars of light people always make to look fancy.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Sovereign13: Well, remember in the SS arc Ichigo needed to hold on to that winged thing Youroichi gave him in order to fly? The all of a sudden all bleach characters can fly, it doesn't quite make sense. As far as why not just shunpo everywhere, well that is mainly for the plot. Similar things have happed in other manga and comics as well, characters who can easily move extremely fast spend time running places at a seemingly slower rate, it is generally done to elongate the plot. And again, the not jumping all around seiretei is also somewhat PIS-Plot Induced Stupidity, and used mainly to stretch out episodes. 
Post by Sovereign13 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@hitsusatsu11:  Thank you sir. I realized that they do it for the reason of elongating the plot, but I was really worried I was just stupid and forgot some silly explanation.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Sovereign13: No problem.
Post by Oglaphone (65 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I've seen the characters hover, but I don't think I've ever actually seen them fly. The shinigami can stand in the air by gathering spirit particles or something under their feet, which I think first occured in the third episode or so of the series(it was during Ichigo's fight with Orihime's Hollow-ified brother).
From what I can tell, that only works in the human/real world, and they can't do it in Soul Society or Hueco Mundo.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel