Rosario+Vampire Anime question

Topic started by arrussel on Nov. 4, 2011. Last post by arrussel 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by arrussel (50 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Does anyone else think they butchered the series with those two animes?
Post by rubberluffy (589 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Yes. I mean the manga isn't "great", I like it, but holy crap I couldn't even finish the first season of the anime.

I know it is so horrible I really looked forward to seeing the fights that are in the second series and at the end of the first series animated. They destroyed something that was better than most shonen.
Post by takashichea (12,378 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

The anime is mostly fan service. The plot of the anime just went off tangent (I think after the school council's disciplinary squad), so it lacked major battles that the manga had. This results in less spectacular character evolutions for everyone. The anime did not pound more seriousness in the monster and human coexisting idealism.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Sadly, the anime does not do the manga series justice at all. It replaces some content in the manga (fights, character development, etc) with extra fan service shoved into the broken story they pushed in the anime.

I own Volumes One thru Ten of the Rosario + Vampire manga (first season) and they were quite a blast to read. Great character development (better than anime), more fights, more story-moving content, and better quality made it a winner hands down compared to the anime. I would highly recommend the manga series over the two anime seasons to anyone who has interest in the franchise.

@ShadowKnight508: I love this series its one of the best series I have read in a while I love the character and the art evolution I think its also one of the best looking series I have ever read. To bad the anime is so bad. Thats why I like shows like Spice and Wolf and Beelzebub they stay true to the source material.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel