RAW or Subtitle?

Topic started by OkazukiIchigo on Dec. 30, 2008. Last post by YoYo 5 years, 11 months ago.
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I'm now going for RAW, because sub(mostly fan-subs) hurt my eyes on regards of reading what they say, especially when one or more people are talking and at that same moment, and some Japanese "fact" pops up to educate what they are saying. It's just too much and I rather read the manga version, I always fall into loving the anime... so much that I will ignore the subtitles and sometimes stare in the background for some reason. Thanks to Lucky Star and others, they tend to have hilarious parts in the background when people are talking.

I'm learning japanese now and watching anime without the subtitles looks more better quality and appealing. Just like listening to Japanese music, if you know that language the lyrics and the song in general sounds abit better, expressing what that is beautiful.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Subs is what i prefer most unlike you i guess, i can concetrate on both also it helps me learn japanese better ^^
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I am idiot in this matter, if I really like a show i get the raw first then once the sub is out i check it out just to know what going on. Lately, I'm going for the 720p version.
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I like subs
Post by observer77 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 3
i need subs I don't know...
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
observer77 said:
"i need subs I don't know..."
Same here :/
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I don't know Japanese nor do I care to learn so I will more likely watch subs.

But if I'm anxious to watch whatever the next episode is to something I'm keeping up with, then I'll watch it raw before I watch it subbed.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
My japanese is not really that good, so i go with subs most of the time.
Post by Kyjin (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5
It depends on the show. If the grammer/vocab isn't that hard, I watch it raw. (ie. kid shows like Shugo Chara, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc) Everything else is subtitled until my Japanese gets better.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Subtitle > Dubs

In my opinion

RAW maybe if i watched the series before
Post by observer77 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 3
RedRoses said:
"I don't know Japanese nor do I care to learn so I will more likely watch subs.

But if I'm anxious to watch whatever the next episode is to something I'm keeping up with, then I'll watch it raw before I watch it subbed."

yeah me to most of the time it isn't to hard to tell what is going on unless the episodes have long conversations but yeah I go with subs not dubs and I am hopin to get better at japanese I feel people should feel the need to eduacte themselves in other things... anything doesn't have to be a language
Post by BloodRavyne (88 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Subs for me. I can't understand many words :P.
Post by YoYo (36 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Nerx said:
"Subtitle > Dubs

In my opinion

RAW maybe if i watched the series before"
id rather not watch an anime than watch the dubs, i love the jap language (even though i dont understand it :(
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel