Overrated animes

Topic started by Black_Rose on Dec. 7, 2008. Last post by takashichea 2 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,758 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I love Hetallia and even I think it might be a tad over rated

Post by JimeeJo (333 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@MarioRedfield: i agree everybody was saying how awesome it was and where as i love it, ive seen better

Post by flashback180 (648 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Fairy Tail 
one piece
pokemon  
sword art online 
the law of ueki 
attack on titan  
ranma 1/2  
Post by KingOfAsh (1,389 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Studio Sunrise is disturbingly overrated. Screw Gundam (all of them), screw Code Geass and screw Cowboy Bebop.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Bleach and SAO get my votes. I've had plenty of people come to me saying they're on the same level as the likes of Death Note and FMAB, which is ridiculous.

Post by 5th (1,246 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Trash... I only like watching the AMVs for this series, overall, I call it trash.

Dear god, such an overrated series it's not even funny, and it's so terrible too... try watching an episode or two without falling asleep.

Post by DeathHero61 (216 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Meh. Attack on Titan.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

DBZ

First, the story is a boring, c

castlevania is better LOL

Post by waybig1010101 (3,224 posts) See mini bio Level 14

HST

Post by Vapovile (1,973 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

SAO. Good lord this anime had SO many "wtf" moments in it. Here are some of the larger flaws I saw;

1. Asuna was introduced as an independent badass chick who could keep up with Kirito, but only a few episodes in she completely falls for Kirito for w/e reason, and is turned into a housewife dependant on Kirito. Act 2 goes further and makes her the overarching damsal in distress. What happened to her being a badass?!
  2. Kirito has got to be one of the blandest anime characters I have ever seen.
  3. Why does EVERY female have to fall for Kirito, then disappear? It is a fact that Kirito chose Asuna from the start. A harem only works if we don't know who the main character will end up with, if anyone at all.
  4. Yui popped out of freaking nowhere to be their "child", and only served as a plot device.
  5. Kirito never actually has to become stronger, as he starts at max in BOTH MMOs because of him being a beta tester in the first one, and "reasons" for the second.

At least the visuals are nice.

Post by takashichea (12,285 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and Kill la Kill - I still loved them even if they are overrated.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel