Overrated animes

Topic started by Black_Rose on Dec. 7, 2008. Last post by takashichea 2 weeks, 4 days ago.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Simple, title says it all, post animes you find overrated. Oh and don't turn this into a flame thread, this is all opinion based. Mine are:

• Blood +
  • Hellsing
  • Montecristo
  • One Piece
  • Bleach
  • Inuyasha

Related Threads

Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Black_Rose said:
"Bleach"
Totally agree. I really don't see what's so interesting about it.
Post by Grand_Master_Daizen (452 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I slap Naruto on the list and DBZ
Post by PureRok (58 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Death Note and Cowboy Bebop.
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Dragon Ball Z but i still love it
Post by Zenaxzd (31 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I agree with Inyuasha, all my friends freaking loved that show when it was first out in America but I just failed to see what was so exciting about it. I mean I tried to get into it to see what they thought was so cool, but I just found it boring...
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm with PureRok on thinking that Death Note is totally overrated. I mean, it's good, but it's nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is. It sets up this awesome debate about the true meaning of justice, and then kinda just falls into this increasingly unlikely cat-and-mouse game that kinda starts to feel like the author wanking. "Look how awesome I am! I can get out of this really crazy maze that I built all by myself!..."

Phenomenal characters, though, and I love Obata-sensei's art.
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
gia said:
"I'm with PureRok on thinking that Death Note is totally overrated. I mean, it's good, but it's nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is. It sets up this awesome debate about the true meaning of justice, and then kinda just falls into this increasingly unlikely cat-and-mouse game that kinda starts to feel like the author wanking. "Look how awesome I am! I can get out of this really crazy maze that I built all by myself!..."

Phenomenal characters, though, and I love Obata-sensei's art."

i agree Ryuk is my favorite guy in the Deathnote series
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Naruto and Inuyasha gets my vote.
Post by nevergiveup (199 posts) See mini bio Level 6
orz said:
"Naruto and Inuyasha gets my vote."
I think Naruto is cool.
Post by YoYo (36 posts) See mini bio Level 2
im going to go with naruto after fillers because now there bad, bleach before first fillers (20-60) was pretty great.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Inuyasha is over rated.

Naruto is kind of overrated, it accomplishes what it sets out, and it's not the popularity I mind, but it's not a deep show, sorry.

FMA: While it's really good, it's not the best thing ever. Same can be said for Death Note.

Miyazaki: If his movies weren't the same damn thing everytime...
Post by Valke (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Naruto, Inuyasha, and Bleach. I'd lump all of these series into the same category and being more kid targeted and lacking any real depth. Although the same argument has been made (even in this post) for DBZ, it was the first and the most hard-edged, and I almost feel like each of these series are trying to be "the next" DBZ.
Post by otakureview (47 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I will agree with everyone who has said Naruto. I tried watching it but after hearing Naruto say 'Believe it!' eighty times within four episodes I was ready to throw something large and heavy towards my television just to get the little sod to STFU!

Other series that I think are vastly over rated: Evangelion and Blood+

I'm sure there are others but I haven't been awake nearly long enough to think of them.
Post by Chrjz (3 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Your mother is so fat even Naruto doesn't believe it!

Anyway, I agree with everyone that said Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, and FMA. That being said I also think Code Geass is overrated, especially the second season. And the show I feel to be the most overrated is TTGL.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Kurisu said:
"And the show I feel to be the most overrated is TTGL."
Blasphemy! But yea, Naruto is majorly overrated.
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Hellsing Over-rated? It's my fav. :(
TheDrifter said:
"Hellsing Over-rated? It's my fav. :("
The fact that it has a totally badass main character doesn't take the mediocrity away >_>
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Black_Rose said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Hellsing Over-rated? It's my fav. :("
The fact that it has a totally badass main character doesn't take the mediocrity away >_>"
Explain...

How is it mediocre?
TheDrifter said:
"Explain...

How is it mediocre?"
Hmm...let me see. First, the story is a boring, convulted mess that is pretty uninteresting most of the time, though i have to admit that the action sequences are pretty well done. The characters (except for Alucard, whom the show relies too much on to make something interesting) are just as boring an uninteresting. It just tries to be more than it actually is, and that's a boring show with vampires shooting and killing other creatures, i guess the word i'm looking for is "pretentious".
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel