Out of the Big 3, which one is your favorite and why?

Topic started by Versus on June 21, 2010. Last post by Necrotoxin 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Versus (10 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Naruto
  • Bleach
  • One Piece
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Bleach, I just prefer it, I like Naruto too though. I don't like One Piece much at all, just never been a fan, the art style is weird too, I prefer the way Bleach and Naruto look.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
We Are!
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Newten:
you've barely even read naruto yet lol, your only up to date on bleach due to me keep hounding you to watch / read it for the past two years.... yes it took two years.... 

I chose naruto, the plot is much better than bleach, less trolling, less kubolololol, less plotholes, SLIGHTLY more developed characters. 

One piece is just gay. 

Jk, i just never seemed interested in it, the art style seems to piss me off, the plot from what i heared is rather shite until like 100 chapters in.... the characters all look like douches and luffy is a super douche
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Chengy: Heeeey I've been up to date with Bleach for months now, come ooon ;P
Yeah I know I haven't read that much Naruto yet, but at the moment I prefer Bleach.

@Chengy said:
"One piece is just gay."
Hahaha.
I find it strange how popular One Piece is on Anime Vice... I don't think I know ANYONE in real life who watches it, everyone who watches/reads any of the big three is either into Bleach or Naruto, or both.
I guess maybe it's just not as popular in the UK as it seems to be in the US.
Post by RadiantTheLight (733 posts) See mini bio Level 7

One Piece.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,695 posts) See mini bio Level 13
One Piece.... 
Is simply perfect, I laughed, cried, got angry when the characters did.... 
And the story is perfect.... 
 The twists and the reusing of loose ends is awesome.... 

And Oda said he is half way done.... 
Thanks Oda-sensei for that... 
Maybe I will be parent when One Piece Ends... 
But I will never stop watching it....
@Kuma_From_Argentina: 
-Not to mention the diversity explored int the story with other fantasy races and such
-Supporting characters dont end up discarded and useless, in fact they move along 
-Back stories and given explanation to almost anyone along
-The fights don't take place in between talks

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:
" Maybe I will be parent when One Piece Ends... But I will never stop watching it.... "

seconded
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Naruto because I haven't got into the other two.
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
One Piece

The other two simply dont come close.
@JJOR64: Read OP man , its fun and they have talking polar bears
@Nerx: I would love to try it out one day.
@JJOR64: and exploding boogers, heck if you want just pm me and i will post you a link
@Nerx:   I know where I can read it, I'm just not reading it by choice right now.             :P
@JJOR64: ohkay dood
Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Naruto. 

I like the story the most and this around 1:50
  and this...

...and a bunch more where that came from.  The big fights in Naruto always deliver exactly what I want from a fight in anime.  Bleach BS's around some times and fights end up as just exploding balls of sand and beam blasts but sometimes people just sword fight and you get stuff like this which puts a smile on my face: 

I've seen 122 episodes of One Piece and all of the fight animation is pretty horrible.  The story isn't any better than Naruto, although I do like that every main character has some depressing background where someone they love is killed or murdered in front of them.  It's funnier than Naruto or Bleach but if I was looking for something that's only strong point is comedy, I'd rather watch Hayate no Gotoku or something like thats totally focused on comedy. 

@Newten: It's not popular here.  It came out around the same time as Naruto and got canceled in a few months while Naruto ran for a few years.  It's popular in Japan but failed horribly everywhere else, so that won it the Otaku's Choice Award.
The neat thing about one piece : less wangst
@Nerx: I haven't found that to be the case at all.  Every major character I've seen so far has some uber tragic background and someone has been crying in every episode for at least the past 30 episodes (Vivi never stops).  Bleach and Naruto don't put anywhere near that much angst on screen.
@sickVisionz: Bleach I have to agree but Sasuke takes it to ridiculous levels, yeah OMFG my whole family got killed by my bro now I hate him! my bro is good and konoha is bad! then what? hate the world
@Nerx: A difference would be that Sasuke ends up kicking ass in great fights time and time again and he's rarely crying.  If he does, it only lasts one episode at a time.  Compare that Vivi who's never in a well animated fight and has been crying nonstop for like 20 episodes straight.  How is that less emo and whiny?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel