Oricon Supporting Character Rankings

Topic started by GodLen on May 26, 2009. Last post by Sonata 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Anime has some of the best supporting characters, even sometimes becoming more popular than the main characters themselves. Oricon decided to figure out which one is the best by polling 900 Japanese fans that were between the ages of 13 – 30 on their favorite supporting character. The winner of this poll is perhaps the quintessential supporting character in all of anime, and that is Krillin from Dragon Ball. Other than Bulma and Yamcha, Krillin has been by Goku’s side the longest. They trained together, they fought together, and they died together (sort of.) He’s one of the only people in Dragon Ball that didn’t want to kill Goku before becoming friends with him. One of the people polled stated that, “without him, the story simply couldn’t have continued.”

Second on this list is Pirate Hunter Zoro from One Piece. Seriously, he brings a level of awesomeness to the show that no other three sword swordsman can bring. The rest of the people on this list are from older shows that American fans might not be too familiar with. Sadly, spiral power was not enough to put Kamina on this list. However, give it ten years, and he will be there without a doubt. Check out the entire top ten list below.
  1. Krillin (Dragon Ball)
  2. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
  3. Takeshi Goda (Doraemon)
  4. Kiminobu Kogure (Slam Dunk)
  5. Tony Tony Chopper (One Piece)
  6. Kouichi Senigata (Lupin the Third)
  7. Kaede Rukawa (Slam Dunk)
  8. Vegeta (Dragonball)
  9. Tomozou Sakura (Chibi Maruko-chan)
  10. Kogorou Mouri (Detective Conan)

Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
seriously krillin haha, what about i dunno everyone else in anime haha, i was also thinking kamina as soon i read the 10 then looked back :)
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Haha yep, I would have to agree. Dragon Ball needed Krillin, I mean if Frieza hadn't killed Krillin, Goku might not have become a Super Saiyan. Nice to see him get the credit he deserves!
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Krillin should not have won this.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Seriously, what is WITH Slam Dunk? I never knew it was that big of a show...
Post by Sukai (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Kuririn deserves it. He's the longest running support character I can think of. From Dragonball to Dragonball Z to Dragonball GT haha. I still can remember him thinking he could beat Goku when they were kids XD.

Glad to see all the other classics getting their well deserved recognition as well.

@HeeroYuy: Of course Slam Dunk is popular! It started the whole basketball craze in Asia in like the 1990s. True classic, had something many anime these days lack (and it didn't even have any fan service). Go give it a try haha!
Post by Chicken008 (27 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Aww, no Piccolo.. :(
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Go Krillin!  I think he deserves it.
Post by Deacon_Sephiroth (950 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Vegeta... you were scrwed once again my friend.
Post by Sonata (35,693 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Krillien finally getting some loveXD
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel