One Fan’s Opinion: Is the Rebuild of Evangelion Really a Remake?

Topic started by GodLen on June 10, 2010. Last post by prozacprince 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Dragon988 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I have to agree that the evangelion rebuild is a sequel. I have only seen you are (not) alone as of right now. What makes me think this is what Kawor said at the end " I all ready know. If your waking me then the child has appeared and we have entered summation stage, right?" " The third one again, huh? You haven't changed. I'm looking forward to seeing you , Shinji Ikari" if I am understanding that right then that would signify that he knows all of it has happened before. It reminds me of Donny Darko in how some of the people seem like they are living a dream and how the only way to escape the dream is for Donny to die in the end.
Post by Dragon988 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Oh and I forgot to mention the fact that Misato knows who Lilith is before Kaji tells her. In your Are not alone she shows Shinji to get him to piglet unit 01 again. Kaji and Asuka don't appear tile Evangelion 2.0 you can (not) advance.
Post by prozacprince (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

I think another quote from the original series that may not actually be in context but seems to strike out to me is when kaworu tells shinji that "death may be the only absolute freedom there ever was." This kind of dialogue and endless introspective plot devices seem to me to point to the above mentioned donnie darko like tangent universe theory. I think the rebuild films are another universe seperate from eoe and the original series but also a direct consequence of the choice shinji made to stop the instrumentality project.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel