new to anime...

Topic started by Jewel on Feb. 3, 2009. Last post by TypH 6 months, 1 week ago.
Post by TheDromedaryPhalanx (11 posts) See mini bio Level 1
 I always show people who are new to anime, or just getting into it, the OVA Ridding Bean. Not only is it short, around forty-five minutes at most, but it is also something that they can relate to due to the general similarities between it and the mass media that permeates the United States. After that, I start showing them movies; again, the fact that you can watch it in a few hours or less instead of having to commit five to twelve hours of your time is very appealing to people just starting out who may not be ready to sit down and watch a twelve to twenty-six episode series.
Post by Sakura_Haruno (25 posts) See mini bio Level 3
  • Death Note: Where words speak louder than actions.
  • Bleach: Pure awesomeness
  • Naruto and Shippuden: Ultimate ninja series.
Post by ThePsychoGamer (1,835 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Sakura_Haruno said:
"
"
As long as you like ninja's that call out all there moves and charge head long into battle, and really miss one of the basic concepts of being a ninja :)
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@ThePsychoGamer said:
" @Sakura_Haruno said:
"
"
As long as you like ninja's that call out all there moves and charge head long into battle, and really miss one of the basic concepts of being a ninja :) "
but it's proven that shouting you attack name works
@cfatalis said:
" @ThePsychoGamer said:
" @Sakura_Haruno said:
"
"
As long as you like ninja's that call out all there moves and charge head long into battle, and really miss one of the basic concepts of being a ninja :) "
but it's proven that shouting you attack name works "
But wouldn't it be better if the opponent didn't know what was coming?
@ThePsychoGamer said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @ThePsychoGamer said:
" @Sakura_Haruno said:
"
"
But wouldn't it be better if the opponent didn't know what was coming? "
look at all those anime, shouting your attack name works 

like "STEALTH KILL SUPER TECHNIQUE"
@cfatalis said:
" @ThePsychoGamer said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @ThePsychoGamer said:
" @Sakura_Haruno said:
"
"
But wouldn't it be better if the opponent didn't know what was coming? "
look at all those anime, shouting your attack name works   like "STEALTH KILL SUPER TECHNIQUE" "
But dousn't it get tedous, like
 "ULTIMATE BULLET ATTACH" emagine yelling that ever time you had to fire a gun.
@ThePsychoGamer: but it's cool, and everything cool work
@cfatalis: That actually makes a lot of sense, but what if that attacks them selfs are borring

"SECRET KILL YOU MY TELLING VERY DEPRESSING STORY ABOUT THE WORLD TILL SUICIDE IS COMPETED" 

or the fast food one
"DEATH FROM HEART ATTACK AFTER SPENDING TO MANY YEARS EATING OUR FOOD"
@ThePsychoGamer: or this

"SUPER SPARKLE IN SUNLIGHT ATTACK" (anyone know what i am talking about)
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Hmmm, I'd say go with the ones everyone (most) like. For example Code Geass, Death Note, Soul Eater, Hetalia Axis Powers, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. After that you can stray into the more 'some people like it and others hate it' sort of thing like Naruto, Bleach, 07-Ghost, and Gundam 00. Enjoy!
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@cfatalis: LOL
@Nerx: the note it's stains the name if the garest attack in the universe

STONER SUNSHINE
Post by Gwen (9 posts) See mini bio Level 1
i would start with code geass...out of the hundreds I've watched..that is my personal fav.
Post by eldiax (130 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I would also recommend either Code Geass or Death Note as a first anime, since they are both extremely interesting for any viewer, featuring many mind games and managing to keep your attention easily.
Post by DYLANK (5 posts) See mini bio Level 1

Im dylan K and im new here to wasup people
Post by Rokujo (100 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Don't miss out on Trigun.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@TheDromedaryPhalanx said:
"  I always show people who are new to anime, or just getting into it, the OVA Ridding Bean. Not only is it short, around forty-five minutes at most, but it is also something that they can relate to due to the general similarities between it and the mass media that permeates the United States. After that, I start showing them movies; again, the fact that you can watch it in a few hours or less instead of having to commit five to twelve hours of your time is very appealing to people just starting out who may not be ready to sit down and watch a twelve to twenty-six episode series. "
I can't say I've even heard of Ridding Bean. *runs off to google*
Post by ShadowVegeto (5 posts) See mini bio Level 2
@John_Martone said:

" @TheDromedaryPhalanx said:

"  I always show people who are new to anime, or just getting into it, the OVA Ridding Bean. Not only is it short, around forty-five minutes at most, but it is also something that they can relate to due to the general similarities between it and the mass media that permeates the United States. After that, I start showing them movies; again, the fact that you can watch it in a few hours or less instead of having to commit five to twelve hours of your time is very appealing to people just starting out who may not be ready to sit down and watch a twelve to twenty-six episode series. "

I can't say I've even heard of Ridding Bean. *runs off to google* "
LMAO! Google FTW!

Just googled it. Was supposed to turn into a series, but didn't make it due to some conflicts with the creators. But eventually a "prequel" was made called 
Gunsmith Cats with a modified plot! I haven't heard of them either. *Runs off to online anime stores*
Post by Theresonlyone (91 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Hey, i've recently had some time to watch a metric ton of anime (unemployment FTW) and i've been devouring series after series now i'm at a loss on what to watch. Can anyone give me some advice? 

I've watched 
Elfenlied 
Gantz (Damn you're ending) 
Death Note 
Mnemosyne 
Black Lagoon 

Cheers for any help :D
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel