New Summer 2014 Marathon: Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, and Arrow (HULU)

Topic started by takashichea on June 21, 2014. Last post by takashichea 4 months ago.
Post by takashichea (13,174 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

This would be a short blog because I realized I'm running out of time to do my weekly episode summaries. I was preoccupied with community projects and school this summer.

Welcome to the marathon blogs (commonly known as winter/summer/spring experiences)! It's a small project where I take on recommendations from folks in the Anime Vice community, using this list. Usually, I conclude my marathons with the blog after I finish my marathon. Now, I'm doing an introductory blog.

I always made the effort to watch and read anime and manga legally. I broke the rule once for Knights of Sidonia because Netflix was the only one that streamed the series, but it was a month later, July 4 or 3, 2014. I couldn't wait. I wanted either HULU or Crunchyroll to stream the series. While HULU and Crunchyroll has a huge anime library, Netflix's anime library is lackluster. I did tried the one month trial. There wasn't enough titles to keep me attached to Netflix.

These are the shows I'm currently doing a marathon.

I watching Inuyasha without any recommendations from Vicers. I did it because I wanted to finish the series. I didn't have a chance back in middle school. I believe it was either Inuyasha or Dragon Ball Z that got me into anime. I had a long break from anime due to not having cable until college. It's a trip down memory lane for me. I wasn't much of an anime fan in the past compared to my current self.

Sailor Moon was recommended by . I was curious on why people loved the series. BigHeart711 was the one who got me into the Magical Girl genre, starting with Puella Magi Madoka Magica, in the summer of 2012. That was my first magical girl show. I'm seeing the deconstruct of the magical girl genre and now, the start of the magical girl genre, Sailor Moon.

This TV show I haven't watched yet. After seeing the Flash trailer in the Movies & TV Club that was started by , I'm interested in watching Arrow. I haven't seen a lived adapted TV series for a DC character before. I was always a fan of the DC animated films and TV shows.

Post by Dream (7,902 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm presently plowing through Inuyasha as I own the whole series and Final Act in my collection. While I seen much of the series years ago in high school and college, I never seen all the episodes to it thus I'm re-watching it. Likely to be a few weeks before I get done with everything for it.

Online Now

@Dream:

I'm watching the dub episodes, and I'm at season 3, episode 64 at the moment. Didn't know there was a Final Act series. I see it's all in subbed at HULU. I guess this would good for me to see how the dub and sub stands out.

Post by Dream (7,902 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea: Final Act came out years after the first TV series was complete in 2004. It covers the rest of the manga series that never got shown in the original anime.

I've got a slew of titles I've preordered over the next few months that will eat up my spending for the summer.

Post by Acura_Max (2,375 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Just so you know, I've heard that the first half of season 1 of Arrow is middling to subpar. Other than that I've heard the series is very good.

Online Now

@Acura_Max:

Not knowing the background of Arrow since I haven't read a lot of comic books. I only seen him in Justice League's animated films. Chances are I might like this show. I seen myself growing attached to shows quite easily.

You recommended to me, Star Trek and Walking Dead, back in 2013. I quickly became fans of those two shows.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel