New anime fromGurren Lagann creators, Kil La Lill

Topic started by KingOfAsh on June 14, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 year ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,332 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Exciting news for everyone. A new anime from the creators of Gurren Lagann (in their new studio Trigger) is to be released, named Kil La Kill. It is about the two girls fighting on a violent school campus. Other than one short the studio made before, this'll be the first show from Studio Trigger. This I's incredible news I'd say; will they be as big as galaxies in the end?

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I'm really diggin' those character designs and if it's from the Gurren Lagann folks I'm optimistic that this could turn out great.

Post by takashichea (11,042 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I just started watching Gurren Lagann back in May. I'm looking forward to this new series.

Post by XxDoyleBoi (11 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Looks Interesting. I really enjoyed Gurren Lagann

Post by DocHaus (927 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@KingOfAsh said:

Other than one short the studio made before, this'll be the first show from Studio Trigger. This I's incredible news I'd say; will they be as big as galaxies in the end?

I'm sorry, you're forgetting the greatest anime ever made, and Trigger's first official project ever.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,332 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Some new information has arrived from the creators! Thankfully someone on The Escapist (not Yahtzee Crosshaw) has translated it, and done a much better job than Google Translate. This is as of the end of May/Beginning of June.

Writer Kazuki Nakashima wrote some stuff about Kill la Kill for his Asahi Shinbun column:

-When coming up with the concept, they were very careful to not fall in the "Curse of Gurren-Lagann"; Kill la Kill has a different sort of atmosphere.

-In the most basic terms, Nakashima describes it as a show about the conflict between two super-powered high-school girls.

-(Kamen Rider)Fourze was also a show set in a high-school, but it's completely different from Kill la Kill; Nakashima feels they helped each other define their mutual identities. (In the TBS Radio, he quickly explained these difference: Fourze was a happy, cheerful story styled after an American high-school; Kill la Kill is a violent and more dramatic and somber story styled after the Meiji Era.)

-Nakashima doesn't want to sound cocky, but he said he had a lot of fun writing it.

-Despite not being originally intended, the "amount of heat" is higher than that in Gurren-Lagann.

-Nakashima has done most of the writing himself; the show is more Nakashima-like and Imaishi-like than TTGL.

-The screenplay is already in the end-game; Nakashima is about to start writing the final episode.

-He hopes the fighting spirit of Trigger, who separated from Gainax to form their own company, will be reflected in KLK.

Amount of heat may be higher than Gurren Lagann? Does that mean more powerful than galaxy-sized machines? He did say they where "super-powered highschool girls" so that could mean just so...

Great to hear that they've almost done scripting as well. I think they might have even, if a Twitter post from the creators means what I think it does (Shut up yes I did us Google Translate)...

Were cheers for good work! ! Rose "Kirurakiru" last episode scenario: RT @ k_z_ki. Trigger and now stone's Easy-to-Gashigashi, the anime after. I'm looking forward to!

Post by takashichea (11,042 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@KingOfAsh:

Sorry, I didn't know you posted this. I work with the Summer Anime 2013 Trailers projects. I post trailers with my teammates. I just did Fall 2013 Trailer: Kill la Kill yesterday. Be sure to add your post there.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel