need something new to watch. Suggestions?

Topic started by Wavelength on Sept. 2, 2011. Last post by Levance 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Wavelength (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Yea so i'm bored, wading through the mass wave of anime to try and find something that ignites my passion once again. My favorites include:

-Cowboy Bebop
-Wolf's Rain
-FLCL
-Big-O
-Eureka 7
-Scryed

there are several more (ive seen Everything on cartoon network up until 2 years ago) but im kind of picky i guess. one of my favorite aspects of a good series is good music. please help?
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Lupin The 3rd

Outlaw Star

Witch Hunter Robin

Trigun

Samurai Champloo

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Giant Robo

Darker than Black

Romeo x Juliet

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
In addition to what Luffy listed, check out 
Xam'd Lost Memories (bio-weapon guy is caught between warring nations)
Black Cat (bounty-hunters and a bio-weapon girl are caught between warring factions)
Nabari no Ou (modern day ninjas)
Needless (very similar to Scryed but with more comedic elements)
Black Lagoon (a team of trouble-shooters; series is like an American action movie, rockin' OST)
Soul Eater (Death's students go to school and keep evil in check)
Fate/Stay Night (sorcerers battle in modern Japan for a powerful artifact)
Blue Submarine No. 6 (a short OVA series about a sub after a cataclysm - great jazzy soundtrack) 
High School of the Dead ("ecchi" heavy but lots of zombie action and a rockin' score)

If music is more important than plot, you might look at K-On!.  I haven't seen it yet, but Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad is another music focused series.
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Gun X Sword is another fun super-robot series that is somewhat in the vein of Big O. Oh, and it also has Steven Blum on the dub, if you're into that sort of thing (and it's on Netflix Streaming).

Post by DocHaus (922 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Post by Wavelength (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4

lol wow. thanks for all of the suggestions, there are a few here that will keep me busy for a minute. (netflix helps).  lets just hope i dont get through it too quickly and end up bored again.
Post by GunslingerPanda (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are the best things I've seen in recent years.

Post by Evangelion (5 posts) See mini bio Level 6
K-On, mayochiki,THE SQUID GIRL,Princess Lover
Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Well my suggestions will always be: Higurashi no naku koro ni, Umineko no naku koro ni, Kara no Kyoukai, and recently Steins;Gates

but you probably want an anime with fights and also intelligent (based on the info.), so the only ones of my personal suggestions than enter here will be Kara no Kyoukai and Umineko no naku koro ni and adicional, Hunter X Hunter (if you want to see a shonen, that has more plot than fights), and Code Geass (If you want to see a Mecha series, that has more plot that fights), that is all

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel