Need Help, ASAP! Getting A Girl Into Anime Tonight

Topic started by KaosAngel on Feb. 10, 2011. Last post by DocHaus 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by KaosAngel (199 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Long story short, sorry for not coming here as much.  I'm into the really gory stuff and violent stuff, but the majority of people here aren't so I don't post as much.  -_- 

Anyways, getting a girl I've known for years into anime tonight.  I need help to pick one, and I only got about an hour until she gets here so we can watch anime...it's her first time.  I told her we could watch DBZ as a joke, as it was the first one to come into my head.   

I need an anime she will like and won't give a bad first impression.  She's into horror and we watch a lot of horror flicks together, I mean a lot.   NO HENTAI SHIT, we never had sex or anything and I don't want to.  She's kinda my only real female friend that I can call a friend without getting horny over, kinda like a sister I never had but more of a friend.   

Anyways, help me out.  I trust you guys!  MAKE IT QUICK!  

ALSO WITH A GOOD ENGLISH DUB, SHE DOES NOT WANT TO READ SUBTITLES 

My list so far is: 

Gunslinger Girls 
Baccano! 
Azumanga Daioh 
That Full Metal Panic Comedy Show 
Dragon Ball Z -_-
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,166 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@KaosAngel:  
Baccano! or Cowboy Bebop
They are one of the best dub around 
I got my girlfriend into anime with DBZ, now she get mad every time I talk bad about it
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
umm whats wrong with dbz huh??? u got problem with dbz then you got a problem with me!
Bebop or Baccano then, now I gotta pick.  :|
Post by AURON570 (547 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I am jealous of you.

I don't have a good knowledge of dubs but, of the ones I do know Great Teacher Onizuka comes to mind.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,166 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@KaosAngel: 
Well you can go with Baccano!
It have horror stuff in it 
Post by hencook (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Evangelion 1.0 You are not alone, Girl Leapt Through Time, or any Studio Ghibli. You'd need to show her a movie, right? Even though Bebop's a great starter anime, the first ep does not leave a very good aftertaste; it's better IMO to go with a self contained experience like a movie.

Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
if she is in to horror and gory stuff i would go with Elfen Lied,  Gantz and Hellsing Ultimate
Alright, here's some progress of what happened.  Decided to watch Baccano!  and she was bored...and we loaded up Netflix to watch Human Centipede as she had never seen it.  I think I'm going to try Rin next time or Gantz.   

A Ghibli movie is a good idea too, but we shall see.  Thanks for the help!  
Post by Adanadhel (124 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Have her read Battle Royale if she's into gore...XD Or next time you may watch Shigurui. Although, I must say, watching Human Centipede is already disturbing enough...XP You might as well want to watch Thirst if you're into some bloodshed...XD
Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24
If she likes horror just pick something violent and gory but low on fanservice.  Either that or something super goofy and silly that you all can laugh at and have fun with.  Gantz is pretty super charged with sexual tension all throughout.  If you don't want her to get the wrong idea about what your intentions are, I'd avoid that one.  I think at one point the main guy says something along the lines of, "You use me, you're at my house and you even let me f*** you."  That might not be the best.  Is the Rin you referred to Rin, Daughter of M-something?  Isn't that show like crazy over the top about weird sexual fetishes and bondage?  I don't know if that's the best move.

You say you don't want to jump down with this chick but your ideas of anime to watch with her are stuff that's going as close to the hentai border as possible... but hey, you didn't ask for relationship stuff so I'll leave it at that.  Just pick something that's fun.  Don't think too much about it.  I think you shoulda gone with Bebop and I'm surprised nobody mentioned Claymore yet.
Post by DocHaus (925 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@KaosAngel: 
I would have suggested Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Strong female lead kicking ass in the first few minutes with a sci-fi setting, yet not so much gore or overt sexiness that you'll feel embarrassed about showing it to the uninitiated. That is, if it's not too late.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel