Macross 7 marathon, five episodes out from the starting line.

Topic started by blackholeheart on Jan. 18, 2009. Last post by blackholeheart 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by blackholeheart (31 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Well I guess its par for me to watch Macross out of order as other than seeing a bit of SDF/Robotech back in the '80's my viewing order has been Frontier, Zero, Plus, SDF and now 7. I think that means after the Frontier movie I'll watch Macross II then Do You Remember Love? just to keep up the tradition. 
The power of rock compels you!
The power of rock compels you!

So far this iteration has yet to make much of an impression other than Basara is trying to show everyone "THE POWER OF ROCK!"(TM) 

I was glad to see my two favorite characters from SDF, Max and Milia, all grown up(I'm guessing superluminal time dilatation is why they aren't  in their 60's).

This boy just ain't right.
This boy just ain't right.
The art is good for the era but feels a bit stiff, like when Basara is singing in his varitech and everything but his mouth is frozen(creepy!) or how the battle sequences don't look as good as some of the ones in SDF. 

Overall I like the mech designs with the exception of Basara's VF-19 Battleroid form which looks like it was lifted straight from a gundam anime.
GUNNNDDDAAAMMMM!
GUNNNDDDAAAMMMM!

Max may be off his nut, would you entrust your 14 year old to this guy?
Max may be off his nut, would you entrust your 14 year old to this guy?
The pink haired loli is cute and is likely who I'll be rooting for in the inevitable love polygon barring she goes all MinMay on me. 

More to come a few episodes down the road.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I recently started watching 7 (I'm through the first five eps). My order has been random as well, with Plus, Zero, DYRL, Frontier and now 7.

I pretty much agree with most of your opinions. I'm looking forward to more of the series though, and the music is catchy.
Post by blackholeheart (31 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Late tomorow I should hit the mid point of the series and  will post my thoughts on the plot and the greatest WTF screen cap of all time.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel