JoJo's Bizarre Adventure The Animation & Tiger and Bunny (Update)

Topic started by ShadowKnight508 on July 6, 2012. Last post by ShadowKnight508 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation + JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: All-Star Battle

For those who have had the chance to enjoy the JoJo's Bizarre Adventures manga over the years, big news regarding the franchise is here! Announced by officials in advance of the upcoming Araki Hirohiko Jojo Exhibition later this summer, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation has been green-lit for production and will be launching this October as part of the Fall 2012 Anime Season. If that news alone wasn't enough for fans, it was also revealed that publisher Namco Bandai and developer CyberConnect2 would be releasing JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: All-Star Battle (fighting game) for the Playstation 3 system later this year. Trailer is below (for the game):

Now, I am not well-versed about this franchise, but it is certainly big news for fans of the franchise that want not only a proper anime adaptation of their favorite franchise, but get a fighting game to play with as well. If you are interested in more information, refer to the link below. Images taken from the game's trailer can be found below the link.

Full Story Link: http://sgcafe.com/2012/07/jojos-bizarre-adventures-to-get-anime-and-ps3-game/

Game Site Link: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/asb/

Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning (2012)

For everyone who is a fan of the Tiger and Bunny franchise, more information plus a trailer revealing footage from the upcoming movie Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning has been released by Sunrise and posted on SGcafe's site. According to Sunrise, a new NEXT character will be incorporated into the movie. Below is the link to the full story and the trailer can be found below the links.

Full Story: http://sgcafe.com/2012/07/tiger-bunny-movies-first-footage-aired/

What are your thoughts regarding these two topics?

Post by takashichea (14,395 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I haven't tried Tiger and Bunny or JoJo's Bizarre Adventures series yet. The trailer looks awesome.

@takashichea: Me neither. I was going to give Tiger and Bunny a try when it first aired, but I was playing catch up with One Piece and BLEACH, so I passed over it. Might look into it soon, as well as SKET DANCE and that Kids on the Slope series.

As for JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, I had never heard of it until I talked with a cosplayer at FanimeCon 2010 when he mentioned which series his cosplay was from.

Post by rubberluffy (596 posts) See mini bio Level 16

JJBA is cool as hell. I just hope that game gets a US release, so I don't have to import it. CyberConnect2 makes pretty great anime games, like all their Naruto ones.

No news on what the anime is gonna cover? I hope it starts at the beginning of Part 1 and at least makes it to Part 4. I've never seen the P1 movie but the P3 OVAs weren't bad.

Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'll be checking both out, the JJBA game looks really good graphics wise.

@rubberluffy: They did not say, but I expect more information regarding just what the anime will cover to be released as we get closer to the October launch date. I could envision a 24-episode or more season that covers Vol. One through whatever they could get to.

Post by rubberluffy (596 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ShadowKnight508 said:

@rubberluffy: They did not say, but I expect more information regarding just what the anime will cover to be released as we get closer to the October launch date. I could envision a 24-episode or more season that covers Vol. One through whatever they could get to.

The thing about JJBA is that the manga is split into parts. Vol 1-5 is Phantom Blood (part 1), which follows Jonathon Joestar, and Vol 6-12 Battle Tendency (part 2) follows his grandson Joseph. And then it goes to Stardust Crusaders, with Jotaro Kujo, grandson of Joseph, with volumes 13-28. The best plan would be to animate these three parts, give it a long show and be pretty good, since part 3 wraps up a bunch of stuff that happens in 1 and 2. The real problem is the manga is currently at 106 volumes across all 8 parts (and still ongoing), so some fans are probably gonna be disappointed their favorite part and protagonist aren't gonna get animated :(

But seriously, JJBA is amazing and I am all aboard the hype train.

Post by Bigheart711 (4,206 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Honestly, I would give this a try since it looks like fun. Also, I know a friend that LOVES the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure videogame franchise. I wish I'd have seen his reaction to this news right now. XD

Update Regarding Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning Movie (2012)

More information regarding the upcoming Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning movie has hit the internet since yesterday. It has been revealed that the new character for the movie will be named Robin, a new member of NEXT for the film and will be voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi (voiced L in Death Note and Saotome Ranma in Ranma 1/2). The movie's website has also unlocked a preview trailer and movie poster (both seen below) along with the story link:

Full Story Link: http://sgcafe.com/2012/07/tiger-preview-trailer-key-visual-unlocked/

Movie Site: http://www.tigerandbunny.net/index.html

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel