It's That Time Again, Time for More Ani-Crap!

Topic started by Dream on April 29, 2012. Last post by Sonata 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,243 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • MD Geist
  • Master of Martial Hearts
  • Knights of Ramune
  • Ikki Tousen
  • Garzey's Wing
  • Queen's Blade
  • Ninja Resurrection
  • Senki Zesshou Symphogear
  • Sword for Truth
  • R-15
Post by Dream (7,243 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Yes, it's time for a third helping of Ani-Crap. For those new to this idea, I basically run a poll for three weeks listing ten well-known crappy anime titles in quality and you get to vote on which one you want me to see in its entirety and cover why it's a heaping load of garbage in a blog posting. Whichever title receives the most votes by May 20 will be the one I cover in my review. So feel free to vote on whichever one of these ten duds you want me to cover.

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I voted for Master of Martial Hearts, it was crap for the start. I actually enjoyed Ikki Tousen and Queen's Blade,. They weren't great but I was entertained by them.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Sonata said:

I voted for Master of Martial Hearts, it was crap for the start. I actually enjoyed Ikki Tousen and Queen's Blade,. They weren't great but I was entertained by them.

I too voted Master of Martial Hearts. I am very forgiving when it comes to anime and if something is moderately entertaining or even if it just fills some free time, I'm satisfied. So, it's rare for me to fervently deride a particular show. MoMH is one of those few that just irritated the hell out of me. I still need to see the follow-up OVAs I admit. But going off just the series, I was left befuddled and unsympathetic to the protagonists by the end.

Ikki Tousen confused me, but I need to give it another shot in order this time. Queen's Blade took me 4 tries to get through season one. I kept falling asleep. That's saying something considering my support for unnecessary and excessive "boobage" in anime.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,705 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Also voted for Master of Martial Hearts. I thought it would be fun, but instead, it felt like a rip-off of Ikki Tousen.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I voted for Ikki Tousen. I've been watching Ikki Tousen and Queen's Blade recently and I'm actually enjoying Queen's Blade so far, Ikki Tousen not so much though. It's just kind of bland. It is amusing when clothes EXPLODE like tissue paper from a single punch though.

Haven't watched any of the others. "Master of Martial Hearts" actually sounds like a bad Ikki Tousen rip-off, wow.

Post by DocHaus (927 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Master of Martial Hearts, if only because it starts out as the boring, bland kind of bad and then by the last episode it takes a sudden 90-degree turn into a whole different kind of bad.
Post by Yuno_Shiki (91 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I chose R-15 just because it is just so messed up with the premise...

Figured I would bump this up. Two weeks to go to vote on whatever crappy anime you want me to watch and review.

Bumping again. A week to go in voting for what dud of an anime you want me to watch and blog about.

Post by Whitelock (28 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I have never heard of any of these titles, but I suppose if they're all garbage, that's a good thing.

That being said, I chose the Ninja one :)

Bumping yet again. Four days left to go for voting.

Post by asian_pride (168 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Never seen it but sure, Master of Martial Arts. Queens Blade or Ikki Tousen would've been my next choices, so go for it.

Last reminder before tomorrow. I plan to have voting running until 5 PM tomorrow afternoon for the Ani-Crap poll. Otherwise next time I post here, I will close voting and confirm which title I will watch and cover in a blog posting.

It's 10 minutes earlier than the time I said I would end voting on this. But considering there hasn't been any voting on this poll in days, I don't picture any last-minute votes coming in at this point. Voting time is up. Master of Martial Hearts will be the anime I watch and cover for why it's a piece of garbage. Stay tuned!

@Dream
You brave man.:)

In the meantime for some fun, have a look at Jesuotaku's thoughts on the series...

I dunno,that guy looks kinda creepy in the first vid:P
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel