Is worth KHR?

Topic started by Levance on Oct. 9, 2011. Last post by Hibaru 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I'm an enemy of dumb shonen, but I do watch inteligent ones, so, how is this series, is just a lot of fight with no sense, or it also contains a good and fair amount of plot, and good plot twists, like a proportion fights/plot 50/50, and not something like 80/20, like almost all shonen

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Levance:

It about mostly fighting and shonens are not about mostly fighting (only the battle ones)

@Destinyheroknight:In that case, I will change my sentence to, I'm an enemy of dumb battle shonens.

What shonens aren't about fights? because that sounds interesting

@Levance:

There Sports, Detective and Comedy (Shonen aren't all battles, the battle ones get more attention)

@Destinyheroknight:Oh, so these are categorized as shonens too? I didn't knew, well I have only three years with the anime world (exception for these series that I see on the TV it those little girl time), I'm most a reader than watcher. I'm not fan of sport series, but I have a question, Tentei Gakuen Q is shonen too?

@Levance:

Yes, Tentei Gakuen Q is a Shonen. (The problem is that the battle ones usually are way more popular then the other and they get overshadow) It kind of sad if you think about it

@Destinyheroknight:Sad? is bothersome, people categorize anime as fighting shit, and when there are good series that involves fighting, the most predominant are just overrated

@Levance:

It just how people act, they like to follow what popular (I never hear people say anime is fighting s---, the one I hear is naked cartoons) but I grow up with fighting anime (it in my veins)

@Destinyheroknight:I think I understand that, well as I have grow up with books with good stories, I'm pretty exigent.

@Levance:

Don't forget about people taste, when I watch anime or read manga I want a good time in watching it or reading it (think of it like a B-movie, it not that good but you still enjoy it) that why I like reading One Piece it keep entertaining to me, it have likable characters that I enjoy and want to know what will happen to them. It mostly base on tastes

@Destinyheroknight:One Piece to me was funny (I stopped watching it), to laugh, but I really believe that the plot is very poor, the only thing that I liked is about those stones that relates the real story of the world, however to me was a pity to see an idea like that in a fictional world, when it can be used in an story that uses the real world, and it will fit very well as a main plot.

@Levance:

It is part of the main plot and the story isn't poor (what part did you leave at?)

@Destinyheroknight: When Luffy was fighting a tiger guy, but I don't plan to rewatch it, and about the stones stuff, I was refering as a main plot of an story that happens in the real world, it would have been perfect, because in a fictional world one can write what he wants (according to his world), because if his world, but in the real world, it must fit with the real story and have a logic sense, like for example uncovering the dark age

Post by takashichea (13,326 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Levance:

Sket Dance is a shonen series that does not involved fighting.

Bakuman is a shonen series that revolves around the creation of manga.

@Levance:

Rob Lucci is a Leopard.

Does it matter, if it a fictional world or the real world?

@Destinyheroknight:

Mmm well, but let me put an example.

You got an A,B,C,D,E; and you must put F (the missed part of story) in there, in your fictional world, as you're the creator you can put the piece whenever you want.

put F, between A and B, or between C and E, et. as if an original world created by the autor, as long as it follow his rules, it can be putted anywhere

But in the real world, real facts and a lot of people has stablished for example

A, , D; so the author of that story must find a perfect way to make F fit between A and D, because he cannot change the real facts of story; so the author must think very hard here, and make his story a worth to read

So, that is the reason why I believe that a thing like the stones would've been perfect in a real story.

A bit hard to understand maybe

@takashichea: Well I'm interested a bit in Gintama, that I heard is pretty similar to sket dance, and I'll never watch Bakuman, is risky, because if I watch it, I'll be dreaming with manga all time.

Well, but how about a bit of answer to the main thread here, Destinyheroknight gave me one, but I need more opinions

Post by DawnToDarkness (68 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Levance: its not all about fighting.. the first 20 episodes is just character devolpment.. i think youll like it

Post by Hibaru (74 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Sket Dance is a part of Shonen series. Like takashichea said, it doesn't involve fighting like Dragon Ball series and others. Also with Bakuman. Watching those two anime also worth your time when you wanted to watch Anime.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel