Is Stan Lee's Heroman part of the Marvel Omniverse?

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Dec. 18, 2012. Last post by Fire Star 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,331 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Just curious.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Hmm...in a way, I guess that it could be part of the Marvel Omniverse. Not entirely sure about that one, however.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Was it actually put together by Marvel or was it something Stan Lee did without them? That will answer this.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,064 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@sickVisionz: By Stan Lee and Bones.

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Supreme Marvel: Sounds like it's not a part of the Marvel-Omniverse if the only connection is that someone who used to write for Marvel came up with it. It'd be like saying Mission Impossible is a part of the Star Trek verse because J.J. Abrams directed movies in both franchises.

@sickVisionz: And connected to Lost, Alias Super 8 and Cowboys and Aliens.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@sickVisionz: It's a little bit different from that since Stan Lee is the single most important person in all of Marvel history. He's to Marvel what Toriyama is to Dragon Ball essentially.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,173 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Yes, Omniverse mean all universe (so technically we a part of it to LOL!)

@Destinyheroknight: I don't see it that way. I see it as Marvel's omniverse is all their universes.

@Supreme Marvel:

That would be there multiverse then, where they crossover with DC they use the Omniverse to connect them

@Destinyheroknight: I see the multiverse as many many many universes. As in many many many of their own universe but omni as all their universes.

@Supreme Marvel:

You are correct

@Destinyheroknight: As a DC fan, and mostly a hater of Marvel, I do anything I can to separate them.

I see other people's views as the omniverse as everything as valid. But not one that I am partial to.

@Supreme Marvel:

You don't have to worry, DC and Marvel multiverse are cut off by a powerful beings :)

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Supreme Marvel: @Destinyheroknight:

Wait a minute guys! You are all mis-informed. The solid definitions already exist, and usually are not played with, regardless of the latin/greek language construction.(This is of course strictly to literature, since that's what we're talking about.)

Omni-verse: All totality of fiction(movies, comics, novels, myths, etc...). It absolutely cannot reffer to one company's/writer's work.

Multiverse: A collection of universes(can reach infinite)

Mega-verse: A collection of multiverses(can also reach infinite)

@KingOfAsh: No, my friend. Heroman is not a part of Marvel, nor does it have anything to do with Marvel's works. The manga's rights go to Shonen, and the anime for Bones. So, even if they even make a cross-over, it wouldn't even be canon.

@Killer_of_trolls: Not in the Oxford English Dictionary, so to me it only has a definition by people who put it on the internet. If it were in the OED, I'd agree. Since it's not I don't have to. :P

@Supreme Marvel: HMM, I don't think you got my point from the first sentence. I am specifically talking about the use in term in literature. In other fields like math it can vary like where Mega-verse is called Meta-verse, but I won't dig into that. The thing is that Omni is greek for "all", and verse is short four "universe", as ofcourse uni means "one" so a universe is one universe, but also verse is means existing as well, or possession. each field of study takes a different definition according to the origins/structure of the words, and that's why you got "technological-english", "medical-english", "economy-english", and "law-english" and others that can have the same word with a different meaning. But since he is asking about comics I game the proper word for that situation, which also, every debator on the Comicvine battle forum uses.

Another example of the top of my mind is Trauma in general translation is an emotional response to a terrible event, but in medicine it means any type of injury(like a cut, or bruise).

@Killer_of_trolls: Yes, all of them have a definition in the EOD. Omniverse does not have one in EOD. Also in it, it has multiverse "a hypothetical space or realm consisting of a number of universes". Doesn't have a specific number or neither does it state it has the words "reach infinite". Even "lol" has a definition in it. Omniverse does not. Therefore I don't have to agree with someone or other people's definition of it. In comics terms, to me, omniverse is something that encompasses something to do with one's comic book cooperation. Unless stated otherwise in the EOD, I don't have to agree with it.

@Supreme Marvel: ...you do realize that there is no numbers outside 0 and ∞, unless you could the negative. Secondly, the term Omniverse was coined by Mark Gruenwald, as in he created it, and gave its definition in his magazine. You can't replace that,. Giving it a different difinition would be like, some one descoverring a flower with a glowing bulb(a reproduction organ ina plan), and decide to call it the light-bulb. Seems kinda silly since that name is reserved, huh. People were calling it that long before it was in any dictionary.

@Killer_of_trolls:

you do realize that there is no numbers outside 0 and ∞, unless you could the negative.

Was that in response to my "Doesn't have a specific number or neither does it state it has the words "reach infinite"."? If so, that comment was toward multiverse not omniverse.

People create words all the time. Earworm it means "a catchy tune that frequently gets stuck in your head". Light bulb is an official word. So obviously I can't change it. I'm sure people used the word omniverse before, and it was his interpretation of the word. While the solid base definition isn't in the OED, I will have my own interpretation of it.

I should point out I am stubborn and you will not change my mind. Even if it is my own interpretation.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel