Is DBZ/GT in the top 10 strongest anime?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Oct. 24, 2012. Last post by SMXLR8 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,753 posts) See mini bio Level 16

If yes can i have a list If not why and give a list also what number would dbz be in lets say top 50 or 100?

Post by indifferentmrh (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Depends on what do you mean by "strong(est)"? ...popularity, strong effect on anime/cartoon industry, strong characters or what?

@indifferentmrh: strong like power wise

@SMXLR8:

I absolutely don't know sry

Post by Dream (8,315 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Let's see: 

• Tenchi Muyo = Choushin, Tenchi-Kami Sama, Light Hawk Wings. Definitely among one of the strongest anime-verses.
  • Noein= Has a civilization of quantum beings and two multiversal reality warpers.
  • Slayers= Lord of Nightmares is a confirmed omnipotent being and the strongest demons in the verse are capable of reality warping on a multiversal scale.
  • Gurren Lagann= TTGL and Ant-Spiral. Nuff said.
  • Saint Seiya= Most major characters in the series are capable of FTL speeds, galaxy-scale or greater destructive feats and some pretty hax attacks capable of destruction all the way down to the subatomic level.
  • Heroic Age= The various Nodos in the show are easily capable of busting planets with raw strength and have different hax abilities such as control of time, intangibility and creating dimensional voids.
  • Gunbuster/ Diebuster= Nono and several mecha/ alien beings in the series are easily capable of busting planets, traveling at speeds between relativistic and FTL and can even toss around said planets. Once she regains her full memory, Nono becomes capable of creating miniature black holes and an alien monster in Diebuster is capable of gravity manipulation to deflect incoming energy blasts back at its attacker(s).
  • Bastard= Manga features angels and demons (counting male lead Dark Schneider) that are capable of destroying galaxies, can travel at FTL speeds and have various broken offensive and defensive abilities, particularly the infamous Dispel Bound.
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica= Two words: God Madoka.
  • Transformers= Kudos to Primus and Unicron.
  • Pokemon= Arceus and the Dragon Gods. Seems Nintendo has been jacking up the destructive potential of their Pokemon in recent years.
  • Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya= Haruhi's a confirmed universal reality warper and Yuki Nagato is capable of such as well, though not to the extent as Haruhi's powers unless she steals them.

Based off what I have above, DBZ wouldn't be among the Top 10 strongest anime/ manga verses.

@Dream: is this strength wise or power wise? and in anime there are always much more to name =D also no sailor moon?

Post by Dream (8,315 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@SMXLR8: Both. 

As for Sailor Moon, I've heard of the strongest variants of the characters from the manga surpassing DBZ. But I don't know enough about the franchise to comment on it.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I agree with Dream list, but he forgot about Digimon. Which have a Digimon hold up a planet as big as the earth for a long time and have like ten universe destroyer, two star busters and some have FLT speed (also one multiverse destroyer)

So, DBZ should be in the top 20, probably close to the bottom (but there ton of anime out there I haven't watch, so who really knows)

@Destinyheroknight: yeah dbz fanboys have learn that dbz is weak compared to other strong anme

@SMXLR8: yep, but more popular than the most...

@Dream: what about ah my goddess?

@Dream:hey what abut ah my goddess?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel