I'm Slowly loosing hope..

Topic started by SpikeSpiegel88 on Oct. 28, 2011. Last post by thekokapelli 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@gravitypress:

Also bad is subjective to

Post by SpikeSpiegel88 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@gravitypress said:

@Destinyheroknight: The problem is that the market is flooded. Yes there are some good ones but you have to wade through a river of bad ones to find them even then they are rare.

This.

Ofc taste is subjective, but like DHK said the overflow of massproduced shows really drags down the writing and ideas, I.e there are a massive amount of samy boring stuff. Again, It doesn't HAVE to be original ideas, just put some god damn effort into it. I like to think I have good taste, and like everyone ells, I do have a high regard of my idea of "good" when it comes to films and tv shows. hhmm.. I can apreciate a good show/film even though I might not personally like it. (I can watch it and conclude: "the acting was good, the directions were well done, it looked good, it was decently written but, the film just didn't do anything for me"), if I can see the quality of the work. It's harder if the show/film lacks a well written script, interesting characters, engaging story ect (untill it goes to the extreme of being so bad, it's entertaining ("The Room"). it's extremely hard (for me atleast) to enjoy a massproduced "heres another one of those shows" anime, then say a show on tv, because with live-action we relate to the actors as well as the characters, where as in anime, we relate fully on what is presented to us by the writers and the animator (and only a voice)

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@SpikeSpiegel88:

but like DHK said the overflow of massproduced shows

I didn't say that, also how many new anime have you watch? I would like to know the shows

Post by SpikeSpiegel88 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Maybe I should have said "he mentioned massproduction.. hers my thought on that".

O god. That list is long.. Well see if i can be asked when I get some time. Probably wont remember half of it.

Post by thekokapelli (98 posts) See mini bio Level 9

You're not wrong, the overall writing quality of anime is on kind of a decline. It's just that moe is really popular right now, and if I may be blunt, moe, along with horror, tends to be one of the more poorly written genres. Naturally, because the anime industry is in the toilet, it's going to go with what's financially safest to reproduce. Still, no reason to give up hope, right? Some shows with great writing that I would recommend are Paranoia Agent, Welcome to the NHK, Gankutsuou, Nana, RahXephon, Princess Tutu, (no really!) Revolutionary Girl Utena, (the series, not the movie) Vision of Escaflowne, Great Teacher Onizuka if you want a comedy, Kino's Journey, Baccano and Mushishi. I'd also recommend Trigun if you haven't seen it already. It's not a masterpiece like Bebop, but it has some strong dramatic and comedic writing as well as wonderful characters. Also, if you're one of the two people who hasn't seen Death Note, it's not deep by any stretch of the imagination but the plot is impressively intricate and the writing is extremely smart and polished.

Post by thekokapelli (98 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Oh! I forgot! And Monster! The writing is fantastic!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel