I really Dislike Gundam 00

Topic started by Tempestangel on March 25, 2010. Last post by haseo_yashimora 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Tempestangel (123 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I tried to watch it and it didn't appeal to me, anybody else feel the same way? ifyou love 00, please dont freak out on me... I'm a C.E. / U.C. guy...
Please dont hurt me....
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'm fine with people not liking 00. For liking Seed/Seed Destiny on the other hand, well that's just odd.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
i like most of the gundam show except a few

turn a the concept is just blarrgh, all era is one? and turn A is pinnacle of technology?, so why can't it teleport? or loaded to the brim with weapons like all other late UC/AC mobilesuit
Post by Luffy (166 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I've tried with every Gundam series, but I just can't get into it.  It's too serious.  That's probably why the only one I've ever made it through was G Gundam
@cfatalis said:

" i like most of the gundam show except a few   turn a the concept is just blarrgh, all era is one? and turn A is pinnacle of technology?, so why can't it teleport? or loaded to the brim with weapons like all other late UC/AC mobilesuit "

Most of its weapons are scattered about, separated from the suit. And teleportation? Really? What Gundam before it could teleport? Just because it has more advanced tech than other Gundams doesn't mean it's going to generate every technological advancement past Gundams don't have. Should it also have a holodeck or warp flight? 

I personally love Turn-A Gundam, but I understand why people wouldn't like it. It's a slower series and doesn't have some of the high-energy battles that other Gundam series have. Still, it's a relaxing and entertaining series to me, and I enjoyed it.
@Niko said:
" @cfatalis said:

" i like most of the gundam show except a few   turn a the concept is just blarrgh, all era is one? and turn A is pinnacle of technology?, so why can't it teleport? or loaded to the brim with weapons like all other late UC/AC mobilesuit "

Most of its weapons are scattered about, separated from the suit. And teleportation? Really? What Gundam before it could teleport? Just because it has more advanced tech than other Gundams doesn't mean it's going to generate every technological advancement past Gundams don't have. Should it also have a holodeck or warp flight?   I personally love Turn-A Gundam, but I understand why people wouldn't like it. It's a slower series and doesn't have some of the high-energy battles that other Gundam series have. Still, it's a relaxing and entertaining series to me, and I enjoyed it. "
turn a setting is that it has ALL of  the technology other high end gundam could have (seed timeline was fitted hastily into the timeslot, but when it comes to 00.......)

which is why turnx have psycommu and SHINNING FINGER

the gundam that could teleport is of course the infamous 00 raiser , although it is more like dispersing and forming back in one place
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Luffy said:
" I've tried with every Gundam series, but I just can't get into it.  It's too serious.  That's probably why the only one I've ever made it through was G Gundam "
same thing g gundam was the only one i really like
@cfatalis: So it should have a feature that wasn't introduced until almost a decade later into a franchise? Not to mention the Turn-A was never even used at full capacity, so we don't really know just what all it could do. 

And the setting is that it doesn't really have any of the tech from high-end gundams, all because the Turn-A destroyed it all. The Turn-A isn't super powerful because it's supposed to have EVERY technological advancement of every gundam. It's powerful because of its nanomachines which both help rebuild itself and deteriorate other forms of technology. Heck, the thing at only I think 25% is what caused the technological regression of mankind on Earth that lead to mankind being at essentially early 20th century level technology in the series.
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

i think gundam is overrated
@Niko: well the concept tells that it should, since well they even shoehorned C.E into the Turn A timeline , that is why the idea fail

the again A.D is told to be a mirror of our world fast fowarded some hundred years, so it might not count
nevertheless, i still hate the idea of having all of the gundam timeline condensed into one
@cfatalis:  Why not like the idea of all timelines into one? It's an anniversary series. The point is to celebrate all that was the then 20 years of gundam. Besides, it's not saying that each previous series isn't its own timeline. It's just a parallel timeline in which all the others also happened in (perhaps a timeline that had some sort of Crisis ala Crisis on Infinite Earths).

Besides, Gundam 00 could always have happened AFTER Turn A.
@Niko: err no after seeing the retcon timeline they got 

both seed and 00 were not in the gundam turn A timeline anymore, and Turn A is more or less just another series, now i am happy
although...... i still want to stab those people who seems to think that zeta is the only masterpiece in gundam series
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Niko said:
" I'm fine with people not liking 00. For liking Seed/Seed Destiny on the other hand, well that's just odd. "
Ha! I wanted so terribly to like Seed... and I did... but then we got to like, episode 45, where we found out everyone was related, everyone who died, didn't, and then everyone dies again.
Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Tempestangel: 

I can understand those who didn't like Gundam. 

I liked oo, loved Seed and hated destiny. But somehow, I hated Gundam Wing. So you see, it's not appealing from everyone to one show to another spin off. 

Now, well, you have to found why you didn't like it ? Why ? I'm just curious... 

@Ryokan: eh? i am mostly the same didn't really hated destiny, dislike wing (i only like three mecha from that series, that says something), don't really feel the turn a feeling, like quite a bit of UC (didn't quite Zeta), feel nothing in G gundam, like most of X especially the manga
Post by metalsnakezero (673 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I had problems with the Seed series but 00 had what I liked about Gundam wing and all of the older Gundams.
@cfatalis: Zeta being a Gundam masterpiece: yes. Zeta being the only one: of course not.
@Niko: yes it is a master piece even when i like an anime , i always try really HARD to found the bad part
and i only found little to no , which is in somewhat idiotic camille in the beginning, then he begin to actually show how his piloting style is which is "lockon the first"  style, then he managed to be outright awesome by RAMMING The O
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
00 is good, i prefer it to c.e and g gundam by a bit, over turn a, gundam x, and some u.c by quite a lot, however gundam wing and some u.c is a lot  better imo.
Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@cfatalis:
Mmmh, I must admit that I'm more into story than mecha. (But, yeah, even the Mecha from Wing are kind of f...ked up !). 

oo, Seed and Sees destiny are cool when it come to mecha. But when it comes to that, I prefer Robotech...(Please don't bash me ! lol) 

Now, in matter of taste, I like seed, even if it's very emo, but disliked Destiny because you clearly feel the show being highjacked by Athrun and Kira and ultimately pointless. 

Wing was uselessly politically confusing, the caracter non very likaeble nor truly interesting.  

oo can't please to everyone : it's less charged with emotion than Seed, more cold, but ultimately, I liked it more.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel