i need your help for picking up an anime to see

Topic started by Bacy_L on Oct. 15, 2011. Last post by Masako_Hihashi 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Bacy_L (13 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Hello there, i just need some help for picking an anime to watch.

i've watched these and i liked very much.

1)Death Note

2)Claymore

3)Devil May Cry

4)Highschool of the dead

consider that i need something similar to Claymore,

+ i don't want much episodes, max 40 ep.

thank you for your time and your help

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Bacy_L:Take a look at the seven movies of Kara no Kyoukai. It is not exactly similar to claymore, but it seems that you like mature series, so this is O.K., a good amount of fight, and a good amount of plot, very profound characters.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Bacy_L: I would check out Noein. It isnt a long series, I believe its 20-some episodes, and I think it might be a genre you'd be in to.

I'd also check out Code Geass. I heard lots of people drawing parallels to it and Death Note. So if you liked Death Note, I think Code Geass it worth watching. The only problem is that its broken up into two seasons, each being 25 eps. So a total of 50. But almost none of the episodes are "fillers" so you wont get the sense that the series is dragging on. I'd highly recommend this series.

There's a new fall anime that you might enjoy, only one episode was released so far. It's called "Guilty Crown"

Hope that helps!

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@KuroNekoXIII:I was thinking on check Guilty Crown, how is it?

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Levance:

I personally liked the first episode. I really like "post-apocalyptic" and sci-fi genres, and so far, that's what the first episode was like. :D

oh, thank you guys , i appreciate your interest.

i had Code Geass in mind, but i though it was more than 50 episodes.

i'll check out all the animes you suggested.

thank you again

Post by sickVisionz (4,254 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@KuroNekoXIII said:

I would check out Noein. It isnt a long series, I believe its 20-some episodes, and I think it might be a genre you'd be in to.

If you're looking for something like Claymore I can't imagine you being satisfied at all with Noein. Taking into account the shows you listed as enjoying, I really can't see you getting into Noein, at least not based off of those.

Here's my recs with numbers relating to your numbered list

1) Code Geass, Monster (takes a few episodes to show its resemblance and it's well over 40 episodes)

2) Kurozuka, Berserk (maybe, I've never seen it but its usually suggested for being like Claymore)

3) Never seen it

4) Freezing, Samurai Girls, and Shiki (kinda)

@sickVisionz:

i'm sorry i didn't understand, Code Geass monster ?

i can't find it

animevice has many pages about code geass, which one is it ?

Post by sickVisionz (4,254 posts) See mini bio Level 24

It's "Code Geass, Monster" as in a list of "item 1, item 2, etc..."

@sickVisionz: oh,ok , thank you

Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Bacy_L: Berserk is a good choice as a similar to Claymore, the manga is better than the anime, but the anime is pretty neat. Mirai Nikki is a high-school/supernatural/romance plot pretty good and the anime just started

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel