How Long Have You Enjoyed Anime?

Topic started by BEN1000 on Sept. 15, 2010. Last post by Dream 5 months ago.
Post by Vapovile (1,648 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

Like many people, I started with Dragon Ball Z on Toonami when I was in elementary school. I loved the show, and made it a routine to watch the newest episode after school when it was available. I also watched much of the first generation Pokemon series, but that wasn't on Toonami as far as I remember. Since DBZ got me hooked on the block, I began watching other anime appeared on that time slot, most notably Naruto. I watched the entire original Naruto from the start, all the way to about 7 episodes after the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke at the waterfall. I couldn't stand the fillers that came after, so I eventually stopped watching. After moving to another state, I lost my routine of watching all these great shows, and eventually drifted away from anime entirely.

This hiatus lasted 8 whole years, from when I was 10 to 18 years old. However, just last year, I discovered a website called Crunchyroll, and was awed at all the anime that they had archived. I imidiately signed up for a membership, and began marathoning the last shonen series that I had given up on before my hiatus; Bleach. Previously, I had only watched up to episode directly after the Bount arc, which had been Bleach's longest streach of filler episodes in the entire series. I was determined to get through the series this time, and 3 months of marathoning later, I had succeeded in watching 319 episodes of Bleach, to the part where Aizen was defeated. Since I felt that I now enjoyed anime on the same level as before, I have been devoting these past few months to catch up on all the anime I missed in my 8 year hiatus. So far I have watched Bleach, Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hitman Reborn, and I am currently watching Death Note. After that, I plan to marathon Saint Seiya, which would be the last anime I need to research for a little...project I am currently working on in Flash. So yeah, that is my story in a nutshell :D.

Post by BEN1000 (23 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Vapovile: That's a great story. I do believe a lot of peoples introduction to anime has come from a profuse love of Dragonball.

Post by coolkimy (23 posts) See mini bio Level 10

i started waching anime in 2012, but i seen dragon ball z when i was 8 but was too young to understand much,now i am 14.

Post by Dream (7,105 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

Pushing 12 years now from my end.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel