How Long Have You Enjoyed Anime?

Topic started by BEN1000 on Sept. 15, 2010. Last post by Dream 8 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by BEN1000 (23 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Like the "headline" said, How Long Have You Enjoyed Anime? From Dragon Ball Z to Gundam, everyone has an origin of Anime! What triggered that awesome feeling in the back of your head, that wanted to crave more Anime? What was the first Anime that you remembered watching or reading? With other questions asked, this blog will discuss all kinds of mystery anime that started the profile or love for Anime on this website! Everyone has a beginning in Anime, and now you can discuss your favorite things with different users on this blog.
Post by Dream (7,932 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Running on 8 years now since I've seriously committed to anime.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I dunno? guess my whole life. 19 years tops.
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Before I knew what anime even was, I just thought it was a really cool cartoon. 

So a long long time.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I have loved anime since September 8th 1998.
Post by Voxel (179 posts) See mini bio Level 11
 Started liking it around the end of last year. So I've only liked it for under a year.    
Post by Sombre (113 posts) See mini bio Level 11
When I was younger, like circa 95, I started watching shit like Dragonball and Fist of the North Star. They were the gateway drugs for me. Quite some time, I believe!
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Addfwyn said:
" Before I knew what anime even was, I just thought it was a really cool cartoon.  So a long long time. "
Yep i thought the same ^^
Post by SamJaz (12,962 posts) See mini bio Level 20
About two and a half years since I first actually got into it.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I first started watching when Pokemon and Toonami started which was around 1997. I was a big fan of DBZ for its entire run. I didn't fully commit to anime watching until 2007 (due to taking a break during high school with sports) and I've gotten up to over 100 series watched.

@sotyfan16 said:
"

I first started watching when Pokemon and Toonami started which was around 1997. I was a big fan of DBZ for its entire run. I didn't fully commit to anime watching until 2007 (due to taking a break during high school with sports) and I've gotten up to over 100 series watched.

"
Over 100 Series watched? Wow! That is real commitment. I'm nowhere near that close. But, now that you mention it, I guess I should pace what Anime I watch.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
A long, long time.  Since before "anime" was called "anime" in the West.  Hell, before it was even called "japanimation".  
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Since the days of the first Pokemon show (1997). Been a fan ever since I saw poor Ash get stuck with a extremely stubborn Pikachu on his first day as a Pokemon trainer that refused to do whatever he asked it to do. n_n
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@BEN1000:
It gets easier if you watch on the internet while waiting for DVDs/Blu-rays to come in so you can watch them. The biggest way to watch a lot of anime is keeping up with the seasons but that has proven too much a task for me as I'm 3 or 4 weeks behind right now. You can find the list of anime I've seen in full on my profile.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
started when i was kid about 20 years ago when i saw ninja scroll. didnt see much growing up being in ireland and all. but i have seriously gotten big into anime about 5 years ago
Post by sickVisionz (4,308 posts) See mini bio Level 24
11 years since I enjoyed anime and was actually aware that it was anime.  If were going for how long I've liked it even when I didn't know it was anything different than a good cartoon... hmm... probably like 23 years.  Voltron meant the world to me as a preschooler.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21

About 17 years
I think I've enjoyed anime since that TV show Ultimate Muscle came on. Or Pokemon, or Dragon Ball Z. However, that is what started me on Anime. 
Post by newave (102 posts) See mini bio Level 10
i grew up in the 80s watching re-runs of shows like kimba and speed racer,, then voltron and robotech. at the time i didn't know it was anime. once i got into high school . i started getting really into it. mostly from things they would show on the sci-fi channel. things like akira,macross plus and stuff of that nature.
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I think about 7 years.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel