How gruesome is Hellsing?

Topic started by MarioRedfield on Nov. 6, 2012. Last post by Yusuke52 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,860 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I was interested in watching it but I wanted to know how intense it was. How would it compare to say, Elfen Lied? I could barely handle that.

BUMP

Post by Yusuke52 (439 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Ultimate is much worse than Elfen Lied in my opinion.

I could get some screen shots if you want a taster, but it might take me an hour or so.

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MarioRedfield: Hellsings about the same Hellsing Ultimate (the better one in terms of story and pretty much everything else) IS WAY BLOODIER.

@Yusuke52: Thanks, and no need to go through the hassle especially if you're busy. I appreciate the offer, though

@Elfenlied1012: As much as I loved Elfen Lied, it upset me because it was so sad. From what I hear Alucard isn't quite as much of a... monster... sadist... whatever you wanna call Lucy is. But since I haven't seen Hellsing so I don't know for myself. If it's about the same I can probably handle it. Thanks.

@MarioRedfield: It's no hassle on my part, just need to go through the episodes and get the good screenshots.

If you want a few I can get some of the more gory scenes that I can recall just so you can see the difference.

@MarioRedfield: Hellsing isn't an "emotional" experience. It's a rule of cool series. I mean It's REALLY cool in a lot of ways, but no there isn't any emotion that you'd going to be feeling.

My views are skewed a bit by the manga and my personal fandom, but I wouldn't classify Lucy as a sadist. Shes a bitter angry girl whose cold to others and has incredible power. Ever seen a bitter highschool girl? now imagine if they could end life and never get caught....I sense a high mortality rate. Joke aside Lucy is a angry bitter girl with psychopathy due to abuse and abandonment issue (In the manga she got soooo many mommy issues). The thing is she kills and hurts people we like thats what makes her a "monster". Alucard impales people for fun with a smile he enjoys killing and totally loves every moment of the blood sport. He is the impaler after all, but the thing is he kills only people the series trains you to dislike so you don't care that he enjoys people being impaled on spikes because they are bad people so you'll turn the other cheek for him.

I don't know of this at all helps, but it's my feelings on it. I love both series, but your write to say they take their blood a bit over the top, If its the emotional nature of elfenlied that turned you away you have nothing to fear in hellsing ultimate, if it was the blood itself, then no go.

@Elfenlied1012: Oh no on the contrary, I very much enjoyed the emotional nature of Elfen Lied, lol. That's why it's one of my absolute favorite animes. It's just it filled me with absolute sorrow I don't really wanna go through again right now. I know Alucard is an a-hole, but can he at least be considered a "hero" unlike Lucy?

@Yusuke52: I think just one or two will suffice. Thanks again!

@MarioRedfield: No Hellsing isn't particularly sad. Alucard is a Anti-hero same as Lucy, but all of Alucards confirmed kills are on "bad guys" so he's more heroish. Its not at all like ElfenLied in that respect though Alucards just dark in the way thats suppose to be "cool" not dark as in moral grey

@MarioRedfield: Sometimes the scenes blur up (Mostly because of action, nothing to do with censorship) so I just took 2 different fights and got a few screen shots from each. Mind you there are many more fights like these, but they just stick out most in my mind. These should also be about as high a quality as you can find (But dont hold me to this lol), since these are from the blu-ray.

From left to right in the order they appear. (Episodes 3 & 7)

When the guy's face is taken off by a vampire, that is during episode 7 when Seras kills Zorin Blitz. The battle is so bloody that her uniform changes colour from yellow to red.

The first 7 images are from episode 3 when Alucard gets attacked by a SWAT team in the hotel. During the first 2 images he is shot to hell, after that he butchers the SWAT team.

The final image is parts of Zorins head after Seras was grinding it up against the wall. I should have taken the screenshot a second before so it would look better but I only just realised myself.

Sorry if these are a bit too bloody or hardcore for you. They dont appear as bad as Elfen Lied but I attribute that to the appearance of the blood in both shows, and as you can see above Hellsing Ultimate loves to make its blood stand out.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel