Help on making an Anime or a simple Animation

Topic started by mattysen on Dec. 15, 2008. Last post by PureRok 5 years, 9 months ago.
Post by mattysen (35 posts) See mini bio Level 6
This is something i would really like to pick up on but haven't really got a clue on how to do it.
 I have got Anime Pro Studio on my PC but failing to understand it all. I am not really aiming
 for anything impressive just something simple. 
So if you would like to help me out then could you post me on taking me though the steps. 
Thanks 
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Gosh, I've never used the program, so I have no idea how it works in general...making an anime isn't exactly something many fans do on their own; it's an extremely intensive process.

The basics of film, of course, is that it's really a series of images shown in rapid succession with audio attached. The same is true of animation, except that instead of essentially photographs (as in video), the images are all hand- or computer-drawn (or generated) rather than acted out. Each image is called a "frame," and generally things are filmed at 24 frames per second. (In other words, 24 drawings per second of footage, or 1,440 per minute.)

Let's see...usually what you happens is key animators draw "key frames" (usually the first, last, and a few middle images per "shot"), and tweeners fill in the movements between the key images. Keep in mind that a shot isn't a scene; in a movie, when you have the image go from one person to another, those are different shots. So, there's a LOT of work that goes into each shot, and therefore each scene, and therefore each episode.

One way of saving time is to have a separate background image, and then the foreground image-- usually people, props, objects, etc --drawn separately. In order to save more time I think most animation software will offer features that will try to fill in some of the frames for you, i.e. by automating movements like mouths talking or walking...but I don't know anything about this particular software or how it works, so I can't help you in specific.

Doing an animation on your own is extremely difficult, and pretty rare even among the obsessive Japanese fans, at least according to my experience ^^;
Post by mattysen (35 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Thanks that helped quite alot, i just didnt understand that much about the process so thanks.
Post by PureRok (58 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Macromedia Flash is probably a great tool for learning the basics of animation.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel