Help me find this anime

Topic started by EnChains on Nov. 13, 2013. Last post by EnChains 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by EnChains (6 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I'm trying to determine the name of a particular anime so that I can find it. Trouble is I've only seen snippets of it, and that was over a decade ago.

Here's what I'm pretty sure of:

Pretty sure it was a movie

I think it was on Sci Fi one night, late 90s or early 2000s

It was futuristic, and kinda post-apoc

Here's what I know:

The protagonist was an adolescent kid, who wore a red cape and had a strange handgun, and a death logo somewhere in there

Over the feature he sometimes encounters adults who are dressed the same, red cape, death logo & such, always good guys

The nemesis is a robot/cyborg version of Dracula

The kid's mom was made into a cyborg by Dracula

The scene I remember best:

The kid enters a bar, and asks for milk. The rough-looking bartender ridicules him as unmanly. Another guy wearing the red cape/death logo

comes to the kid's defense, and forces the bartender to drink the milk himself, then talks to the kid.

I know this is super cryptic, but most of what I remember doesn't make much sense in itself. It's driving me crazy, though, I would appreciate

anyone taking a guess. I can try to remember more if it will help.

Post by takashichea (14,486 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@EnChains:

Are you sure it's an anime? The last guy who posted a request like this. It turns out it was a movie.

Looked like anime to me, it was at least animATED. The criteria for what makes an anime are apparently somewhat sketchy, if this website's database of all anime ever is any indication, as several entries in there are only loosely anime, at best. Pretty sure it was a movie, seemed long enough, but like I said I only saw snippets. Are you going to help me?

Online Now

@EnChains:

Broken Saints is not an anime. It's a flash series. I look up cyborg dracula and red cape, but I got nothing. The channel you speak of is it Syfy? There is no channel named Sci Fi.

Check through Wikipedia's Syfy's list of anime shows.

Anime shown on Syfy

The Saturday Anime logo as it appeared on the Sci Fi Channel website, circa the late 1990s.

For most of the 1990s, Syfy showed anime films, although they had to be edited in order to be shown on basic cable. The channel's longest running animation block, referred to as Saturday Anime, aired at the start of the channel's broadcast day each Saturday morning. In 2007, Syfy reintroduced anime to their programming via the "Ani-Monday" block. In 2008 the block was shifted to Tuesday; in 2010, to Thursday; and after June 9, 2011, disappeared abruptly, along with the Anime section of the Syfy.com website.

Thank you sir, however, I have already been through this list on wikipedia. I also have tried googling any combination of cyborg/robot dracula and red caped kid, and, as you can see, got nothing. It was definitely some Dracula analogue, though, complete with castle that appeared once per century, a la Castlevania.

I have not heard of this "Broken Saints", but that does not appear to be the one.

Back when the program I seek came on, the channel was still Sci Fi, you don't remember? They switched sometime in the mid 2000's.

Online Now

@EnChains:

I didn't have cable until middle school. That was only for one year. In that year, I only had access to Tech TV's anime unleashes and Cartoon Network's anime program. I never used Syfy because it wasn't available.

Did you try Anime Character Database and enter some features of the characters?

What did the Death logo look like?

I've never had cable, this was at a friend's house. I have not tried the character database, I'll do that now.

I don't have a clear memory of the logo, just that it was a skull, possibly on a black circle, and may have been the clasp on the capes. I fact, I think that was so.

That site was extensive, but they did not appear to have it. Is there a way to sort characters by appearance in this site's database?

MOD EDIT

Anime/Manga Request Threads are now routed to this thread, The Anime and Manga Hotline.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel