Help me confirm that my DVDs are legit

Topic started by kratos1010 on Dec. 4, 2009. Last post by kratos1010 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by kratos1010 (78 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Hi, I just bought the Birdy the Mighty Double Trouble and Final Force DVDs. I have a feeling they are fake, but I can't find any actual pictures of the box, just stock photos. If you own them, can you post a picture of the front, back and side of the case? I want to see if there are inconsistencies in the printing, as well as the color of the box plastic. Many thanks!
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I don't have scans But The amazon Sites ones are exactly the same as My copy.   

The thing that concerns me most is that my Final Force DVD has a different cover art. Also, the blue glow seems to be less prominent. Is it really that clear on the real thing? Also, what color is the box plastic. Mine is in a clear case, but I think it is supposed to be in black.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@kratos1010 said:
" The thing that concerns me most is that my Final Force DVD has a different cover art. Also, the blue glow seems to be less prominent. Is it really that clear on the real thing? Also, what color is the box plastic. Mine is in a clear case, but I think it is supposed to be in black. "
My box plastic is black, But maybe your's is a special edition, and The Glow On the cover art is a little bit darker then on the comp.
  There's no way its a special edition. The DVDs were only released once (well, twice if you count the one in  the Yoshiaki Kawajiri Brick Pack). Considering that the coloring seems strange, the box color is different, and most importantly that the second DVD has a completely different cover than every store's stock image (this one http://www.blockbuster.com/browse/catalog/movieDetails/159428) makes it very likely that these are fake. I think I'll have a word with the retailer. Thanks for your help!
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I'm curious to hear how this turns out.

I've bought a non-legit Lain and a non-legit Trigun. To be fair, Lain is short enough to fit on 2 discs, and Trigun... well, I was dumb, and didn't question a cheap price.

Here are the front and back of mine
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel