help finding an anime?

Topic started by rein on Jan. 20, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
hi, A while back i was searching the net and found an anime that seemed interesting. it had a saw like premise, Where Multiple Teenagers were kidnapped and locked away in some kind of torture chamber. The kids all wore bunny masks, and one of them was secretly "the wolf" the kidnapper and killer. each night they couldn't figure out who the wolf was, he would kill one of them. Doesn't anyone have any idea the name of this anime?
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I wish I could help you. but it sounds interesting.  Hopefully someone will help you out.  I want to see what this anime is now.
@JJOR64 said:
" I wish I could help you. but it sounds interesting.  Hopefully someone will help you out.  I want to see what this anime is now. "
yeah, it seemed extremely original. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone on this site will remember it.
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'm actually reading the manga right now. It's called Doubt. I've only read the first chapter, but it seems interesting to me.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Awesome.  It seems like there are only 4 volumes in the series.  I hope there will be an anime adaptation for it.  I would love to see this concept animated.
@InfiniteGeass said:
" I'm actually reading the manga right now. It's called Doubt. I've only read the first chapter, but it seems interesting to me. "
thanks gaess. I'm going to run to borders and see if i can't pick it up
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@rein: I don't think you'll have much luck, it's not licensed yet :\ Shame, too, because it sounds really fascinating. It's a Square Enix title; maybe Yen Press will wind up picking it up.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
rabbit doubt, it's licensed here in indonesia

@gia:
which volume are you on now?
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
... that does sound interesting.

@cfatalis:
Way to make me jealous of indonesia
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I just finished it and it was a totally awesome. It gets pretty messed up as you get closer to the end.
Post by Addfwyn (408 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I remember that one, is an excellent series, I bought the whole series from a Book-Off.  Not sure where you'll be able to find legit english versions though.   May get liscened at some point?
@John_Martone: meh, you guys get your perks too, including way faster internet
Post by SilverZeo (58 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Wasn't that a story in the first episode of Super Jail?
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I remember running across a more tamer version of this story a few months ago.  I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Konichi no Gash ("Zatch Bell") where Gash hears rumors of a secret group that super tough and exclusive.  Well Gash interferes in one of their attacks and they capture him and somehow we find out that the secret group are really a bunch of dorks in their parents' basement.  I think the mom even brings them cookies.  Gash runs with the group for a while until the leader gets out of hand and he has to take him down.  I think the wolf mask was cursed. 

Maybe it wasn't that series, but I am sure that's how it went down in whatever show it was.

EDIT:  Yeah, probably not Gash Bell but it was something.  It will come to me eventually if I don't think about it too hard.
@PenguinDust: not gash bell, definitely not gash bell
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@SilverZeo: Super Jail terrifies me.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel