Hello!Any Anime to recommend?

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Jan. 6, 2014. Last post by Bigheart711 8 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I am MrAssh0le( as the profile name says)I just got done with Dexter and I am halfway through the last season of Breaking Bad,I haven't been watching a lot of anime lately aside from Attack On Titan, which I just finished.I have been reading manga like Drifters and Zetman.Could anyone recommend me anime that is 30-40 episodes.Preferably,dark-action based .

Here's a list of anime I watched if it is any help.

1. Death Note

I love this anime it is my favorite of all time.I love Light's sociopathic nature and how he tricked the investigator that was following him into writing the names of all the other investigators in the Death Note.I love how L tricked Kira into giving him his location.If there is one thing I detest about this TV series is the fact L wasn't the one to defeat Light.Having Near beat Light was completely dumb.I mean if you are gonna get rid of L why replace him by a character that is exactly like him it is ridiculous, all it does is make Near look like a cheap rip-off. Now enough ranting. I love how L holds all the object he has and he sits in his chair.L being my favorite character I was pretty sad when Light killed him especially he had told him he was his friend and that he was smiling at him as he was those are moments like that that make great TV.

2. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Lelouch is a very devilish and charismatic character.Suzaku is an annoying hypocrite but by the end of the serie he actually becomes a bad-ass.It would probably be number 1 if someone hadn't spoiled the ending for me.The show had a very beautiful ending.

3. Baccano!

Love the gangster noir style,the confusing time-lines and Claire Stanfield is frickin' Chuck Norris!

4. Fullmetal Alchemist

This one of the only animes i have watched where I genuinely felt sad at times.Hughes dying,Winry being separated from Ed and Al at the end of the first movie,the daughter of Crocker being turned into a chimera and Greed dying.They were also moments were I felt extremely happy like when Winry and Ed have kids at the end of the Brotherhood series,the future kids ova,Ed and Al being reunited in the movie,Ed sacrificing his alchemy to triumph over the Truth and take back Alphonse.I loved how Edward wasn't just the typical shonen hero,he was actually smart,he actually had other emotions then hunger,determination and envy for fraternity.The openings also have great music. This applies to both series I think I like both somewhat equally. The movie was great by the way and I am looking forward to the brotherhood.It is as show that I recommend watching in English.I REALLY don't like Ed's voice in japanese

5. Elfen Lied

Heartfelt and BRUTAL!

6. Angel Beats!

Didn't like the first 5 episodes but I have learned to look beyond the fact that it takes place in a High School.Although, some things like them implying Angel could obliterate people in the first episode and the time Otonashi asked for her join the first time when she was never showed to do that and the fact that the SSS continued to exist after "defeating" Angel annoyed me plus the fact that Angel doesn't disappear even know she's a model student.What is good about this series is the heartfelt moments with Otonashi,Yuripee and others in the second part also the music is most likely the best I heard in an anime.

7. Naruto

I like Naruto how he has matured as a character during the time-skip,he used to be this annoying kid that simply wanted to be an Hokage now he is to a point where he has impacted several peoples.Sasuke ,Naruto,Sakura and Sai have all changed and grown as the story progressed.I like the fights too and the usage of strategy in them.Bleach and DBZ don't make the same usage of strategy in battle that Naruto does.Plus I like the character design .

8. Deadman Wonderland

The manga Cool fights nice story development however it kind of gets tacky at times with Shiro being a big kid.And Ganta always feeling weak.

9. Steins;Gate
10. Avatar: The Last Airbender
Post by phantomrant (1,350 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Mhm..... Darker than Black instantly came to mind.

Probably Berserk too since I see a gory seinen or two.

Monster (it's 70+ episodes but REALLLY DARK AND SUSPENSEFUL) since you like Death Note, Steins;Gate, and Code Geass.

Durarara since you listed Baccano! (although it's not dark action).

Post by bigz007 (1,092 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@MrASSH0LE: I'd say you should try Another and Claymore.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I am going to try Darker Than Black
@bigz007
Already seen those 
@phantomrant

Already seen Monster
Post by waybig1010101 (3,266 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Clannad  
Air  
Kanon 2006  
Little busters  
Nagi No Asukara  
Fate  Stay Night and Zero  
Grave of the fireflies  
Ef: A tale of memories  
Ano Hana 
NouCome 
Hellsing  
Psycho Pass  
Higurashi: when they cry  
Mirai Nikki: Future Diary  
Strike the Blood   
Valvrave the liberator    
Chrono Crusade   
Post by Dream (7,668 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Let's see:

• Black Lagoon
  • Gungrave
  • Gunslinger Girl
  • Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
  • Read or Die
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Armitage: Dual Matrix
  • Blood Plus
  • Btooom
  • Claymore
  • Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Ga-Rei Zero
  • Heat Guy J
  • Jormungand (both seasons)
  • Kara no Kyoukai
Post by takashichea (12,404 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@waybig1010101:

I believed the user wanted to see dark action based anime series. That's about 30-40 episodes.

I do recommend Psycho Pass. Shin Sekai Yori is another one I recommend. Though, it doesn't have action (no fight scenes) but brutal psychological elements and scenes where people explode in bloody bits. The series doesn't rely on animation rather its story and its characters.

The shows that don't fit are Noucome (comedic harem), Nagi no Asukara (he might like it since he like school days), and Strike the Blood (action harem).

@takashichea: I gave him a few dark ones like when they cry, Future Diary, Valvrave has some pretty dark moments, fate zero also has some dark moments, Hellsing, but i get your point its just i want to show him other genres besides dark action. 
Post by takashichea (12,404 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@waybig1010101:

Oh, I see. I can't remember, but I remember user, MrA***le, said he hated harem series.

@takashichea: I see...........while if that is indeed the case then he shouldn't worry abut anything since noucome for me was more about the comedy than anything else but if its not his cup of tea then thats fine everyone has their own opinion and anime is subjective just like any other form of entertainment. 
Post by Dream (7,668 posts) See mini bio Level 21

All the titles I suggested are action. Some may not be of a dark mood, but they're still worth seeing nonetheless from personal experience.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,931 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Looks like you love some real dark shows. Here's some from the top of my head...

• Read or Die
  • Shigurui: Death Frenzy
  • Red Garden
  • Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • Black Lagoon

Also, have you already seen Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel