Hajime no Ippo/Ouron High School Host Club

Topic started by Bertmasta on May 26, 2009. Last post by Baku_Sensei 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Well to begin i should explain what this is about if you are so courteous as to read i thank you!
I have decided to begin a regular blogging process where i document a new series i have been watching or an impression of a charcter from a series.
Today i decided to blog about 2 series i recently experienced. 
The first is Hajime no Ippo, and i call it this because i prefer the sub and dislike the name fighting spirit considering Hajime no Ippo means "The First Step" and The name "The Fighting Spirit" is clearly a maketing scheme Grrrr.
There are a few main Points i'd like to each will be subtitled so feel free to scroll to a section you want to read.

Hajime No Ippo

That goosebump feeling

When i watch this series i just feel so inspired to do great things, whether its become a boxer or not, the feeling is directly reminiscent of my first viewing, or more precisely every viewing of Gurren Lagann, i love an anime that can give me that inspirational feeling, its my favourite emotion to feel, i love being completely in awe of something.

The Kamina-Takamura Connection

Anybody who has watched both gurren lagann and Hajime no Ippo surely knows what i mean, the main reson is the contant switch in personality from loving brother like figure to teasing brother like figure, believe the similarity is there.

Getting the nerd into boxing

To be honest this is kinda streching the truth, i mean it is a suprise for me getting highly into real boxin however i was never not into sports, but seriously this has really got me interested in taking up boxing as a hobby at uni.

Musical Score

The final Point i care to raise about this anime masterpiece is that the music really builds to an intense and emotionally satisfiying atmopshere how else can i describe it?

Ouron High School Host Club

Can dudes enjoy this without being weird?

Now i should raise the point the only reson i even gave this series a look was because in one of Mr Crispin Freeman's panel's he said he was really liking and i respect that mans opinion, so ye i watched it and you know what, at  first it creeped me out entirely especially the twins, but once i got past the point where it was completely freaky i saw how clever the story was told and how ingenious the humour was, a great watch really, i would say guys beware you in for a scare but if you can take it keep watching.

To be honest thats all for Ouron, just wanted to get that off my chest really :) goodbye and stop by again in the future!

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I've always liked boxing myself and I did check out Hajime no Ippo before and it has also made me interested in boxing (and I'm not really into sports either, not like when I was a kid but anyway...) It's very strenuous, I'll tell you that much.

It's nice to see guys checking out Ouran Host Club because it is a funny anime. Despite the quirkiness of some characters' personalities, the humor (at least for me) is great because it makes fun of different stereotypes in shoujo manga (and each character is even the archetype).
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I agree with Red that it's nice to see a guy who enjoys Ouran. I tried to coax Baku into watching it, but he just can't stand to watch it. He says it's "too gay" which in a way is true because of the show the Host Club puts on for their clients. ;) I'm glad you could get past that and see the wit and humor the show has.
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Lan said:
I agree with Red that it's nice to see a guy who enjoys Ouran. I tried to coax Baku into ... [more]
I don't say "too gay" in a boy-touches-boy kind of way. I say it in a... how should I put this... flamboyant way.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel