Gundam Wing Wiki Project Update #1

Topic started by HeeroYuy on March 4, 2009. Last post by HeeroYuy 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
So far things are proceeding at a fair pace all things considered. I've been VERY busy as of late with school, and my editing time has been basically confined to whatever I could scrounge up of my free time at work.

Pages that have been added/updated:

After Colony Calendar COMPLETE! WOW! Something's 100% DONE!!! ------------------------------------------------------->

Heero Yuy 30% - I plan to lighten the detailing of events from in the show (if you've read my edits to it so far, it's a bit excessively detailed to the point where I think this sort of stuff should just be on the episode pages themselves) and I think I'll have a section in there or two on various things such as his philosophies, his various missions and how/why he does them the way he does, his relations with the other characters, and some out of series stuff like differences between how the American and Japanese voice actors portray him, etc.
Main Gundam Wing series page 20% - I definitely plan on immensely expanding the series summary, there's a lot more to go on that alone. I've got a bunch more trivia I coud add to it as well, but more importantly (I think I may end up making separate pages for them though) I'll add sections for the various factions like OZ, Romefeller, etc. Whatever else comes to mind I'll add as well eventually.

Didn't add any episode descriptions or data as of late. So far the basic character appearance information and simple name data (the Japanese name for the episode, when it aired, etc.) still only covers through episode 18. The actual episode descriptions themselves and high detail data descriptions including screencaps only cover through episode 2, with episode 3 started on but not complete. This will probably be the most time consuming part of the entire project.

Things left to do:

Tons more character descriptions
Episode Descriptions
Main page summary data
Location descriptions
Mech descriptions for the Vayaete, Mercurius, and Virgo suits

In the words of Relena Peacecraft in the first episode, "how about leaving yourself a little bit of free time?"
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
You are doing an AMAZING job with the wiki! I've glanced through a good chunk of what you've done so far and I'm thoroughly impressed.

I wish I can just have a tiny ounce of that enthusiasm for a series. I continue to applaud your efforts.

HeeroYuy
said:
"(if you've read my edits to it so far, it's a bit excessively detailed to the point where I think this sort of stuff should just be on the episode pages themselves) "
Well if you look at the more detailed pages like Edward Elric, then you shouldn't have to worry about that "issue." It's fine, at least to me anyway.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Oh Heero, you so crazy. You so crazy.
I took the name of a character who jumped out from the 50th floor of a hospital, broke his leg, and then forced it back into place himself without any medical attention, not to mention all while fighting the combined militaries of the world with one mobile suit without any real backup. Crazy is in my job description.

@Redroses: Yeah, I saw that Edward Elric page, but that just strikes me as overkill to the point where no one would ever care to read all of that. The main reason though is that basically gave a description of the entire show from his perspective, without actually saying much about the character himself. I'm just going to leave the show description to give a moderate summary, and then do the most intense version for the individual episodes.

My main goal is not to just create a complete section, but to make it user friendly and seem a bit professional, so that if anyone for whatever reason wanted to find out say, the date of when Mueler and Zechs attack the Mogadishu Base, they can find out without too much trouble.

And that's partly why I'm still editing the heck out of the Heero Yuy page...too bad my grammar sucks.

In any case, basically with what I'm hoping to get done, it's gonna take a very very long time before I get anywhere near the level I'll start to be satisfied.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
That is a "super-wow" task; very overwhelming no doubt. You certainly have major enthusiasim and devotion to making the wiki as awesome and detailed as possible! :)
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I also thought that the Edward Elric page was too extensive. It felt repetitive to the show's episodes and such. Since that wiki entry has been approved by a previous wiki mod, I take it that it is allowed to be there. I wouldn't do it personally and I was just saying that you shouldn't have to worry about having too long of a character page.
Keep in mind though, this site wasn't founded all that long ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was during a period where a mod was just being flooded with wiki checks during the starting of the site, so a few things were kind of ignored in the QC department....though you'd know more about that than I.

I'm not so worried about having an excessively long page being approved by everyone else, I'm more concerned that that's not what I'm really going for. I figure aesthetics in this case can be just as important as detail. What good is all that information if it's not really easy to find or in the right area?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel