Good Animes for Beginners?

Topic started by Lauren2468 on Jan. 16, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Lauren2468 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Well, actually I have been watching anime style videos for a while but you know, not that experienced with it? I mainly enjoy high school based ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Post by KingOfAsh (1,391 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I would say Cowboy Bebop, that's what most people start with. I personally started with Gurren Lagann and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

High School is pretty broad, but I'll throw out Ouran Host Club. It's like a CW show but more comedic and slightly less comedic.

Edit: that should be slightly less melodramatic.

Post by GeneralVan (2,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I would say DBZ or Pokemon, since those two just jump out when people think of anime. Those two and Fairy Tail are good ones to start out with and personal favorites of mine. There is also Inuyasha, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist are good ones. Really just go with whichever catches your attention the most.

Post by lepetandpebbles (6 posts) See mini bio Level 9

i say....clannad. :) it is awesome and there is hardly anything bad in it except for some swearing.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,382 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@GeneralVan: or gundam wing or TriGun or YYH are good ones too

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,337 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Here some school based ones

• Angel Beats!
  • Soul Eater
  • School Rumble
  • Azumanga Daioh
  • Ouran High School Host Club

These from the atop of my mind

Post by Uncanny_Doom (15 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Cowboy Bebop or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I feel both are a good length and pace for a beginner. I wouldn't recommend any of the big, 100+ episode animes to someone that was just getting into it.
Post by parasyteFMA (113 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Persona 4: The Animation could work for high school.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,419 posts) See mini bio Level 13

K-On! Tho its cutness can rotten teeth .Not bad over all ...Maybe its all the tea an cake they eat... no its the cuteness ...

IS <Infinite Stratos> it does qualify as a high school.

Star Driver: Takuto of the Radiance has high school stuff in it to..

@Lauren2468: seriously tho Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai the others i mentioend 1st might open up some difrent genes for ya to try to. Kaichou wa Maid-sama! would fit as well.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! might not be for a beginer but its got its funny moments.

then again list for high school in anime is kinda long

http://www.animevice.com/anime_series/?filter_type=theme&filter_value=33

wonder how many of them dont have characters siting in back of class by the window?

thanks for this post it reminded me of The Gokusen which i would recomend also.

Post by jewl122 (326 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Fruits Baskets

Inuyasha

Full Metal Alchemist

Post by Arnoboy (55 posts) See mini bio Level 12

My favorite high school based anime is School Rumble. Give it a try, I promise you won't be disappointed. It's also the funniest anime ever created.

I'd also advise you Love Hina, Full Metal Panic (Fumoffu), Lovely Complex, My Hime, My Otome, Shakugan No Shana.

Post by xBlazingStar94x (40 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I see this post is quite old. However, if there is other people who are looking through woundering, I would like to share my opinion.

When you first start with an anime, I wouldn't go with something will loads of episodes that continue for ages. Like Naruto. I think it is an okay anime but if you want to watch something make it fairly short for your first.

My personal favourite is Death Note with I think about 37 episodes if I remember correctly.

Some more I will list here:

• Soul Eater
  • ouran high host club
  • Fruits Basket
  • Gakuen Alice [Alice Academy]
  • Code Geass

I hope any of these help.

Post by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (60 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Okay my personally opinion on the matter is that when recommending you want to recomeend more...Americanized Anime that don't really have anything to do japan.

So go with

• Baccano
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Soul Eater
  • Berserk(if they're old enough)
  • Code Geass

Then after that use these series for a base for what you look for

Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

FMA or FMAB

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel