Funny Anime's

Topic started by mikey87144 on Jan. 28, 2012. Last post by Black_Rose 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by mikey87144 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5

So Netflix reccomended an anime to me called Baka and Test and I found it to be one of the fumiest pieces of entertainment I've partaken in. Do you guys know of any other anime comedies I could watch? Also before anyone asks yes I've watched season 2 and I already have Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.

Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@mikey87144: Off the top of my head... Cromartie High School, Pani Poni Dash (maybe), and Gintama. Yes, Gintama has a buttload of episodes, but you can jump in almost anywhere because the plot doesn't matter that much.

All these series can be viewed free in various (legal!) internet sites, I think.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@mikey87144: I got a couple I can share with you that I thought of as funny:

Romantic Comedies:

1. Lovely Complex
  2. School Rumble

Comedies:

1. Sket Dance
  2. The Daily Lives of High School Boys
Post by Neurotic (41 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Azumanga Daioh, Ouran High School Host Club, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Shinryaku Ika Musume, Nichijou.

Post by Takhisis (7 posts) See mini bio Level 4

School Rumble

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Comedy is my favorite genre in anime, well romantic comedy but I love regular comedy, too. Anyway, I too love Baka to Test: Summon the Beasts seasons 1 & 2. Others I really laughed heartily at are in no particular order:

1. Gintama (5 seasons)
  2. Mitsudomoe (2 seasons)
  3. School Rumble (2.2 seasons)
  4. Yakitate!! Japan
  5. Paniponi Dash
  6. My Bride is a Mermaid
  7. Yamada's First Time
  8. Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
  9. Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera
  10. G.T.O. (Great Teacher Onizuko)
  11. Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunsou)
  12. City Hunter (3 seasons)

However, since you mentioned Netflix I'm going to assume that's where you're going to be looking for something to watch. From the instant streaming list I'd suggest Desert Punk (action-comedy), Demon King Daimao (harem action-comedy), and The Slayers (4 seasons - fantasy adventure-comedy). From disc rental, I'd add Lucky Star (slice-of-life comedy), Ninja Nonsense (martial arts comedy) and whatever One Piece they've got. Some of the dozen I listed above might be on Netflix, too.

Post by mikey87144 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@PenguinDust: I had to watch season 2 of Baka and Test on youtube so it doesn't matter were I have to watch it legally. Thanks for the recommendations.

Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

SKET DANCE!

Post by lordbane666 (12 posts) See mini bio Level 9

If you want something funny and don't mind adult content, try Demon King Daimao. It started of so seriously, and ended that way too, but in between, pure laughs. If you don't mind watching a shojo anime, try Modern Magic. I only caught a few episodes of it, but it was insane. Both are recent titles.

Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11

School Rumble is very close to the type of comedy of Baka Test so I recommend that, even if it's not a personal favorite.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel