First subbed anime that you ever watched.

Topic started by Tenser on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by PenguinDust 3 years, 12 months ago.
Post by Tenser (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I figured this would be a little more diverse.

the first subbed anime I ever watched was a movie called Magical Twilight which I borrowed from a cousin.

Yes, its a hentai. -_-
Post by Shingui_Takeda (199 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Record of Lodoss War
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
BatgirlBabs (Comic Vine) sent me a link to one that I watched over the summer, I think it was called 'Basilisk.'
Post by Shingui_Takeda (199 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Yeah thats an awesome one
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Emmmm.... i think i`ll try to come back tomorow cuz i dont  really remember XD
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Slinger said:
"BatgirlBabs (Comic Vine) sent me a link to one that I watched over the summer, I think it was called 'Basilisk.'"
Yup, it's Basilisk.

As for the question, hmm...i think it was Naruto.
Black_Rose said:
"Slinger said:
"BatgirlBabs (Comic Vine) sent me a link to one that I watched over the summer, I think it was called 'Basilisk.'"
Yup, it's Basilisk.

As for the question, hmm...i think it was Naruto."
Babs? Or did she send you the same link?
Post by PureRok (58 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Naruto, but the first anime I ever watched was a movie that I didn't even know was an anime at the time: LIttle Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland.
Post by Axersia (228 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Either Naruto, .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet or Read or Die TV back in 2003.

I actually thought Naruto was the best thing ever back then and even considered getting a headband. xD (I'm so happy now I never did)
Post by NoDeath (19 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I only recently got strongly into anime so I think it was bleach. I had to watch it subbed as I couldn't find the english dub. 2 episodes later I stopped watching dubs entirely
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
As embarrassing as it is, Naruto. Luckily, I've graduated to better shows.
Post by the9 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3
i want to say Bleach...but it was so long ago. My mind is fuzzled 
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Inuyasha... ugh. My friends and I raved about that show when we were in middle school. I look back at it now and *face palm*.
Lol! Why are so many people so ashamed of themselves? Just cause something's become mainstream doesn't mean anything. If you like a show, own it!
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
HI I LIKE DUBS AND DON'T WATCH FANSUBS ANYMORE EVER :/

Other than that... as much as I hate to admit it, Bleach.
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Slinger said:
"Lol! Why are so many people so ashamed of themselves? Just cause something's become mainstream doesn't mean anything. If you like a show, own it!"
It's the thought of having liked it in the first place. Now Me doesn't like to look back at the way Younger Me thought.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Slinger said:
"Lol! Why are so many people so ashamed of themselves? Just cause something's become mainstream doesn't mean anything. If you like a show, own it!"
Well I remember how I acted very stupid and fangirl-y in middle school. And that after watching a lot more anime, I noticed that Inuyasha sucks compared to other shows. That's why I feel ugh about even knowing the show.
Post by Winchester (338 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I think mine was kiki's delivery service, not to sure though.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
InuYasha actually had a pretty fun story...it just needed like, half as many characters and a fourth as many episodes/chapters as it got. Rumiko-sensei, it's okay to do a shortie once in a while! @_@

That said, my first subbed anime was probably Ranma 1/2 (speaking of Takahashi), Bubblegum Crisis, or Tenchi Muyo, since those were the anime my library carried tapes of-- they weren't exactly consistent about having all-dub or all-sub VHS tapes @_@

On the other hand, it might have been Magic Knight Rayearth. I remember zooming through the first season watching, of all things, teeny-tiny terrible quality Real Media video files of the series subbed. (I would have been maybe 13 or 14 at this point.)
Post by inferiorego (43 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Wicked City... It was awesome.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel