Favorite Underrated Anime

Topic started by Wales on July 18, 2010. Last post by Jgames 1 week, 3 days ago.
Post by doublezeroduck (16 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Baki the Grappler. I like it because he is sort of like Ryu from Street Fighter. He travels around training and fighting different champions. I watched the movie Grappler Baki: The Ultimate Fighter and loved the idea (in hindsight the movie really isn't all that great) and then discovered the TV show. I'm usually not one to watch long ass anime series, mostly the anime I watch are movies or OVA's or whatever they are called, but I started getting into this.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings is pretty good too. Over the top crazy samurai fighting. Netflix had season 1 available for instant watch and I watched a few. Tried going back and starting back up after a little and it's no longer available for streaming and my DVD queue is already too long so I'm not sure when I will be able to catch up on it.

Post by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (10 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@doublezeroduck said:

Baki the Grappler. I like it because he is sort of like Ryu from Street Fighter. He travels around training and fighting different champions. I watched the movie Grappler Baki: The Ultimate Fighter and loved the idea (in hindsight the movie really isn't all that great) and then discovered the TV show. I'm usually not one to watch long ass anime series, mostly the anime I watch are movies or OVA's or whatever they are called, but I started getting into this.

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings is pretty good too. Over the top crazy samurai fighting. Netflix had season 1 available for instant watch and I watched a few. Tried going back and starting back up after a little and it's no longer available for streaming and my DVD queue is already too long so I'm not sure when I will be able to catch up on it.

I might have to check out that samurai anime.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Full Metal Panic was really good, my first anime that I randomly picked and it ended up being a good watch. Chrno Crusade was also quite good.

Post by othus12 (7,955 posts) See mini bio Level 13

im thinking....maybe claymore?

Post by parasyteFMA (113 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@EganTheVile1: This.

Also, When They Cry is insanely underrated in the fact I don't think I have ever heard anyone talk about it... ever!
Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@parasyteFMA:Biggest WTC fan here, and yes you're right, considering that is more amazing and original that many other series

Post by takashichea (14,364 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Actually, we had a thread on this.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,401 posts) See mini bio Level 15
  • Gunbuster! & Diebuster!
  • Eureka Seven (original series)
  • Noein
  • Heroman
  • Vandread
  • Genocyber
  • Nadia: The Secrets of Blue Water
  • Blassreiter

Aachi & Ssipak (not really an anime)

Post by MarioRedfield (1,921 posts) See mini bio Level 12

The Sacred Blacksmith and the sgt.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,728 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

Tokyo Mew Mew power

Ultimate Muscle

Fighting Foodons

Post by Dream (8,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Let's see:

• Arjuna
  • Key the Metal Idol
  • Dennou Coil
  • Aoi Bungaku Series
  • Bokurano
  • Kaze no Yojimbo
  • Bartender
  • Hyouge Mono
  • Hakkenden (90s OVA, not the recent TV anime take)
  • Mysterious Girlfriend X
  • Koi Kaze
  • Patlabor TV
  • Rahxephon
  • Simoun
  • Blue Drop
  • Aoi Hana
  • Wandering Son
  • Legend of the Galactic Heroes
  • Kuchu Buranko

Slayers

Time Jam: Valérian and Laureline. Like Oban Star Racers (which is also underrated), it's part French, part Japanese.

Post by waybig1010101 (4,102 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I want to say 11 eyes since i have only one anime reviewer I like who's watch it and never heard about it from anyone else too be honest. 
Post by Iju (144 posts) See mini bio Level 10

last exile. it did well in japan but not so in america. it's a lost gem :'(

Post by Jgames (307 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Queen blade

Sengaku Basara

Samurai 7

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel