Favorite Songs in Anime?

Topic started by AURON570 on Feb. 10, 2012. Last post by coolkimy 5 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Mousse_Gallon (36 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Digimon Xros Wars opening 2 (new world)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05oUdTswZZI

Rockman.exe Stream Opening (Be Somewhere)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abo4jJ5QOCU

Post by AURON570 (555 posts) See mini bio Level 15

For whatever reason, this song popped into my head today. "merodiii, something something sommeething." At first I was like... where was this song from? I couldn't remember, but after going down the list of anime I watched on myanimelist.com I remembered it was the ending from Tokyo Magnitude 8! It's about a young brother and sister, who are caught in an earthquake and have to make their way back home. Great, emotional story, I'd recommend it to just about anyone. I watched it about 2 years ago now (I think).

Enjoy :) This song is great on a sunny spring/summer day.

So I'm watching some episodes of Amagami SS+ right now, and I'm beginning to realize how soothing some of its OST is.. Very light music overall, good elevator music, and I don't mean that in a bad way. One of the better light romantic comedy series in recent years.

Post by videodragon (10 posts) See mini bio Level 6

REPRESENT the MECHA LOVE

FAV macross

FAV super Robot

FAV Gundam

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@videodragon: Props for mentioning Macross 7. I really love the Macross franchise and the inclusion of the fictional band, Fire Bomber really took the concepts of music in space combat from the original series to the next level. I will admit that over the course of the show however, I heard "Planet Dance" way too much. I went through a series of disliking it, having it grow on me, hating it, and finally appreciating it for kitch value. On the other hand, I really love "Sweet Fantasy" which was Mylene Jenius's theme song. I still need to sit down and watch Macross Frontier though. I keep putting it off because it means an end to the franchise unless they make something new.

Having said this, Minmay's songs from Do You Remember Love and Flashback 2012 still rank tops in my book from the franchise. Hell, "Ai Oboeteimasu ka? (Do You Remember Love?)" is still among my favorite songs from an anime. "Tenshi No Enogu" from 2012 really wowed me when I originally saw it, too.

Musically, I found Macross Plus (1994) to be the weakest of the releases even though it had a virtual idol singing electronics-inspired pop in a multitude of different languages throughout such as "Information Highway" and "Idol Talk". "Voices" from the opening did have an ethereal quality that would have been at home in Macross Zero from 2002. There weren't too many vocal songs in the OVA series which is understandable due to the setting of the story, however "Yanyan", the 3rd OVA ending was notably eclectic. The score for this series is pretty good though which is why I rank it about Plus. Macross II Lovers Again (1992) isn't canon to the franchise, but I felt it's music much better linked back to the original series than Plus. Ishtar's songs could have been Minmay's which was comforting to me. "For Now, A Friend" and "A Promise" are good examples.

Crunchyroll posted a nice article giving a list of great anime openings, pre-2000. I think it's relevant to this thread. xD

Funny story about the Sailormoon opening. When I was a child (pre-5 years old) I loved Sailormoon. And apparently during one of my pre-school's talent shows or something, I actually got up and sang the Sailormoon theme (in English though) for the show. My mom keeps telling me about it, but I don't remember ever doing that. =\

Post by zaldar (1,239 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Ah I saw someone else posted the opening to Haibane-Renmei. Allow me to add the ending song which always makes me cry...blue-flow

Post by hanajaff (7 posts) See mini bio Level 9
shinsekai yori the cute
Post by Jaydens (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

My favorite anime songs are:

Ichirin no Hana

Aozora no Namida

Black Paper Moon

Meikyuu Butterfly

Post by debeze (222 posts) See mini bio Level 9

<3

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,075 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Post by fuukaigisu (3 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Post by Dream (7,263 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Let's see:

Serial Experiments Lain- "Duvet"

Rahxephon- "Hemisphere"

Rahxephon- "Yume no Tamago"

.hack/SIGN- "Aura"

Key the Metal Idol- "Lullaby"

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex- "Inner Universe"

Monster- "Grain"

Arjuna- "Sanctuary"

Fate/ Zero- "The Battle Is to the Strong"

Paradise Kiss- "Lonely in Gorgeous"

Post by YukaTA (273 posts) See mini bio Level 16

C3 OP 1

In My World - Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist OP 2

Freezing OP

Core Pride - Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist OP 1

Post by Marshal Victory (1,962 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Xam'd opener that got me to buy Boom Boom Statilites 1997-2007

Level-E opener

By the way thats a remake an really they couldnt find a pontiac muscle car to use ? cause the original is by the PONTIACS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trjQVdxmhiA

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I really like the opening song of Sukitte ii na yo. It's so soft and melodic lol kinda makes me want to cry XD The song is called "Friendship" and is by Okazaki Ritsuko

Post by TakumiXB3 (4 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Crossing Field by LiSA (Sword Art Online)

88 by LM.C (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Listen to the Stereo by Going Under Ground(Reborn)

Innocence by Aoi Eir(SAO)

Sign by Flow(Naruto)

Distance(Naruto)

Northern Lights(Shaman King)

Thats not it though. If I keep going my computer will explode. :3

Post by Lord_Satanis (16 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Shiki nop uta

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,030 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I have a list for this:

http://www.animevice.com/profile/ultimatehero0406/my-favorite-anime-openings/121-4022/

I'll be making another for endings soon.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel